• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

VRU Dewar Shield 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Haha, that's fantastic, who would've thought.

Apologies for any dodgy/illegal scrum stuff I did - probably wasn't too fair.

Hopefully I'll see you out there next season.

Were you the tall prop with the horrendously long hair? Looks like you'd me more at home in the second row.

(I was heckling from the sideline)

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Were you the tall prop with the horrendously long hair? Looks like you'd me more at home in the second row.

(I was heckling from the sideline)

Hahaha yes, yes I was. You'd be glad to know that I got a haircut yesterday.

Yeah, I switch between prop and lock a bit, back in school prop was a better fit for me because I was a lot fatter. But dropped a few kgs after and now I'm sort of stuck awkwardly in between.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Hahaha yes, yes I was. You'd be glad to know that I got a haircut yesterday.

Yeah, I switch between prop and lock a bit, back in school prop was a better fit for me because I was a lot fatter. But dropped a few kgs after and now I'm sort of stuck awkwardly in between.

Meh, you should have kept it. I used to prop with long hair. But I did wear a scrum cap. Then one night at a 21st two mates cut it all off for me. Wouldn't grow back now anyway (married).

I reckon you would be a handy blindside with that height of yours. You certainly had an excess of fatties that could fill in at 1 or 3. I remember your team had a handy number 8 too. Your 14 was terrible though, couldn't hold a ball to save himself.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I reckon you would be a handy blindside with that height of yours. You certainly had an excess of fatties that could fill in at 1 or 3. I remember your team had a handy number 8 too. Your 14 was terrible though, couldn't hold a ball to save himself.

I'll give it a shot. Please tell me you're referring to the speedy winger, if you were that'd make my day.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I'll give it a shot. Please tell me you're referring to the speedy winger, if you were that'd make my day.

He was wearing 14, balding guy. I remember in the first half he dropped a sitter that would have led to a try. Even the Melbourne supporter standing next to me had a good laugh.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
He was wearing 14, balding guy. I remember in the first half he dropped a sitter that would have led to a try. Even the Melbourne supporter standing next to me had a good laugh.

Yeah other wing, I was hoping you were talking about my mate (the other colt playing).

Status
Not open for further replies.