• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

VRU Dewar Shield 2016 - and other comps

Status
Not open for further replies.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
I know in other states, like NSW and ACT the allocated Super Rugby players get a 'free pass' to play in finals. I am not sure if that is the case down here. However you'd think that only a few players have qualified for there clubs.
Anyone got the inside word on it? RebelYell possibly?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Don't think there's exemptions. 2ish Years ago, Pat played the last 2 or 3 games for Box Hill but needed to play 4 to be eligible for finals.

Axemen

Allen Oxlade (6)
Rebels have to play 4 games in a season or 3 of the last 7 as per the competition rules on the VRU website. So going on that I reckon:

Quins - Tom Moloney and Steve Cummins
Melbourne - Mick Snowden
BH - ??
Power House - maybe Ryan Croker and Harley Fox

OneOrThree

Herbert Moran (7)
But End Hills wont be playing finals - unless all this other stuff changes stuff.

The reason why we haven't heard about this weekend's finals locations as yet is because the BH unregistered player breach is still in play, which I reckon means EH may still play finals (i.e EH hosting PH vs. BH hosting PH).

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Games in which the ineligible player played are retrospectively considered 5 point forfeits and someones done that analysis based on the games played?

Or he's pulling it out his ass and didn't check the table.

Or something inbetween.

OneOrThree

Herbert Moran (7)
How do EH come into finals contention and not Moorabbin?

My understanding is the points awarded to BH when they breached comp rules would be awarded to the side they beat. One of those games was EH. There were at least 2 games where BH breached so either 9 or 10 points to be deducted from their current total of 61 and 5 awarded to EH. It will all be resolved either tonight or tomorrow night. The key is why haven't we heard about finals locations as yet, as I alluded to earlier.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Games in which the ineligible player played are retrospectively considered 5 point forfeits and someones done that analysis based on the games played?

Or he's pulling it out his ass and didn't check the table.

Or something inbetween.

All depends on how many games the guy played doesn't it?

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
here's what i've pieced together from talking to blokes next to rugby pitches...

the bloke played 2 games and was a decent 1st XV standard player but not a game breaker (not my opinion). apparently, this was through a genuine admin mistake on the part of box hill - nothing malicious. you could certainly make the argument it's fair to dock points for BH off this IMO, i mean accidently or not rules were broken.

HOWEVER, why is this only being addressed now? this was a round 1/2 indiscretion. surely decisions would've been made on the part of BH in light of having this info early. perhaps the team would've even lifted off the back of it.

awarding points retrospectively on suspicion is pretty ridiculous. when the melbourne storm were stripped of their premierships for salary cap breaches they didn't then award those premierships elsewhere. makes more sense for moorabin to get a go at finals if this is the case.

in summary:
  1. taking away points from BH seems fair, but why now? very suspect.
  2. awarding points retrospectively is stupid, they lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.