• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wales v All Blacks @ Cardiff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Wales are in terrible form, Gatland is out of ideas. If Wales picked their actual strongest team and had a decent tactician at the helm I'd give them a chance but right now they are on a road to being out of the World Cup before the end of September

Why we love the Irish insight. You've been writing us off for years.

Oh and btw you're sounding even more smug. Nevertheless, I'll be hoping that you win on Saturday. I think Ireland have the capacity and organisation to take Australia to the cleaners. It's an awfully long time to RWC. In Cement we trust

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Wales are in terrible form, Gatland is out of ideas. If Wales picked their actual strongest team and had a decent tactician at the helm I'd give them a chance but right now they are on a road to being out of the World Cup before the end of September

They were groaningly poor against Fiji and had only one good player, Liam Williams, who is starting to emerge from his embarrassment in Nelspruit.

Most of the Wales players play in a the Pro12 which is not a high standard and their depth is not good - and they have a Kiwi coach.

But all the same things could be said about Ireland and they are playing out of their skins.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
They were groaningly poor against Fiji and had only one good player, Liam Williams, who is starting to emerge from his embarrassment in Nelspruit.

Most of the Wales players play in a the Pro12 which is not a high standard and their depth is not good - and they have a Kiwi coach.

But all the same things could be said about Ireland and they are playing out of their skins.

Same can be said for Australia vs France and at least we won.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Oh, and being as how there's no thread on France v Argentina. Is it true that PSA has dropped Thomas. He is determined to go back to mediocrity

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Interesting team, Barrett gets 10 because Shag and co had decided all 3 No 10s were going to get a start, Cruden not on bench as he doesn't cover enough positions apparently. Have to say I think it a ballsy decision to give everyone a crack on tour, and think it will well pay off at some stage. Although I would maybe have had Dagg at 15, can understand giving Piutau getting another run on the wing,and obviously Smith of the B variety is always going to start somewhere.

It was a good exercise for Shaggy to play his scrubbers against Scotland as he did with a lot of them in Chicago, but he wouldn't have been too happy with their performance, even taking this and that into consideration.

The Kiwi scrubbers didn't look much better than scrubbers from other teams and it's just as well Hansen got some of the "bench players" on to clinch the game.

The admirable grafter Thrush was one of the few exceptions and he is unlucky to be dropped for the Wales' game; but the tough and skilful Tuipulotu has to be the third lock.

Playing Barrett is fair enough, but he will want to make his mark in this game. If Carter comes good in Super Rugby next year, he and the second-best game manager, Cruden, will be the first-fives for the RWC and Barrett and Slade will contend for third spot/utility.

Hansen will look for Barrett to play a game with low risk, but still taking chances that are there, as he is too much on the edge sometimes by All Black standards (ignoring Carlos Spencer, or course).

Piutau is more than just getting another run. He showed a lot of scrapping ability at Murrayfield and worked hard off the ball. If he continues to perform like that the All Blacks could keep on marginalising Dagg, with Ben Smith becoming the regular fullback.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Don't understand. That would imply that PSA actually has a plan for training. France usually play like they met for the first time 5 minutes before kick off.

Was always said they couldn't get Serge Blanco to train. I wouldn't have left him out tho

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
In addition, the Optimism Gnome seems to have taken up residence in Sydney.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Eddie and Jiffy?

If you are talking about who we will hear in commentary in Australia for Wales v NZ it may not be Eddie Butler and Jiffy Davies.

Setanta uses it's own commentators mostly; and this game is available only through Setanta in Oz.

It may be the excellent Ryle Nugent and Donal Lenihan who we heard in the Ireland v Springboks match - and also in that terrific game between Ireland and NZ a year ago.

However those games were played in Ireland; so it may be cheaper for Setanta to pay for a BBC commentary feed, which could feature Jiffy and Eddie.

GunsGermsRugbyandSteel

Stan Wickham (3)
If you are talking about who we will hear in commentary in Australia for Wales v NZ it may not be Eddie Butler and Jiffy Davies.

Setanta uses it's own commentators mostly; and this game is available only through Setanta in Oz.

It may be the excellent Ryle Nugent and Donal Lenihan who we heard in the Ireland v Springboks match - and also in that terrific game between Ireland and NZ a year ago.

However those games were played in Ireland; so it may be cheaper for Setanta to pay for a BBC commentary feed, which would feature Jiffy and Eddie.

Is this sarcasm? Never heard Ryle been called excellent before. No one likes him in Ireland really. The best Irish commentator is Philip Matthews who sadly only commentates for the BBC on non England games.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Is this sarcasm? Never heard Ryle been called excellent before. No one likes him in Ireland really. The best Irish commentator is Philip Matthews who sadly only commentates for the BBC on non England games.
Matthews! Only an Irishman could think he was good. And if keet woods is lurking near a touch line it's definitely time to turn down the vol. altogether. The kiwis seem the only commentators that dare to take their eye patches off

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Anyway. Not that I mind but why are you Irish boys in here raining scorn on us? There's 26 pages on the other match site and barely a peep from any of yew. Go on. Tell them how their team is totally out of form and they are going to lose by 20 thanks to a clueless coach. I knows you're thinking it

Status
Not open for further replies.