• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wales v Wallabies, Cardiff, Nov 30 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Gatland is a dick.

IMO quade was harshly done to. It was a touch and go penalty. No way a card. What a dick. Saying a penalty try hours of been awarded. The bloke is sad.

No forward pass either. Defiantly backwards out of the hand and drifted forward with the momentum.

I know everyone's opinion on the so called forward pass but what's everyone's opinion on quades yellow?

Yep, Poor Cooper. It was his Fault for being a Fantastic Reader of the game and Simultaneously tackling player as he received the ball.

The Welsh were so Hard done by there........WHAT Gatland should be concerned about is that the Welsh could not get over the Line with one man down to the Wallabies.. Instead they Conceded a penalty for holding on, and kept kicking the ball back us in the last 3min of the Game...

Penalty try, muppet....

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
diapoe69d6b8908a55571c7583a2dd21a278c.gif

M

Moono75

Great win Wallabies. Talk of Australia getting out of jail is crap. The team showed great composure to be down 10 - nil and work themselves back into the game. That is a great sign going ahead. The quality of the tries and passing interplay is moving ahead by lightyears. Wales played well and with heart but to some extent I agree with Shiggins. Take out the first try which was a bit of a brain fade by AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and it wasn't that close. The end of a long tour by the team, tough on the road, they finished in style. Wallabies on the rise, bring on the AB's next year.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Very classy interview by Quade. The turnaround by this guy is remarkable. Gives hope and guidance to Beale and O'Connor.

the big difference is that Quade has probably always had some humility. JOC (James O'Connor) doesn't and i suspect never will, KB (Kurtley Beale) well i just don't know whether he has the ability to learn

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
The welsh have pretty damn good squad when you look at it. There forwards competed nicely at the breakdown but I think we managed to get the better of them.

Man for man it was pretty tight but I think Cooper made a big difference who clearly outplayed his opposite number by miles.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Did anyone see when Philips bumped of quade? He was so busy sticking his tongue out at cooper and acting like a dick he got driven back 3 meters

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
the big difference is that Quade has probably always had some humility. JOC (James O'Connor) doesn't and i suspect never will, KB (Kurtley Beale) well i just don't know whether he has the ability to learn

Can't wait for 2014, Quade and Sanchez are playing with maturity and will rip the s15 to pieces. For mine Beale has the best chance of redemption. He is back in Sydney with his Family, let's hope everything goes good for him. Where would you have him though? It just makes so much sense having Israel running onto passes from Quade and Sanchez and returning kicks.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Can't wait for 2014, Quade and Sanchez are playing with maturity and will rip the s15 to pieces. For mine Beale has the best chance of redemption. He is back in Sydney with his Family, let's hope everything goes good for him. Where would you have him though? It just makes so much sense having Israel running onto passes from Quade and Sanchez and returning kicks.

Completely agree. I really hope Cheika re-think his Falou at 13 idea. I don't think Falou is the greatest at setting up his outside player - his passing isn't the best. Everything else is superb though.

Id stick Beale at 10. Foley to 12.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I guess he must have had his hands on his head.

Perhaps he should pull the foreskin down from over his eyes and see what is actually happening in the world.

Would he vanish if he pulled his foreskin over his head and swallowed?

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Completely agree. I really hope Cheika re-think his Falou at 13 idea. I don't think Falou is the greatest at setting up his outside player - his passing isn't the best. Everything else is superb though.

I think putting Falou at 13 will completely waste his sensational peripheral vision. Don't do it Cheika.

alex5545

Bob McCowan (2)
Looks like the Wallabies are back at last with a mature Cooper at the helm. To be honest the Bledisloe Test matches were getting boring as they were too one sided to us Kiwis. We need our rivals to give us a challenge though Bledisloe 3 this was encouraging.

For too long the Wallabies were missing a good mature number 10 and Cooper has rose from the ashes. 2 years ago I thought he was garbage test player but now I see a Test number 10 which the Wallabies have lacked since Larkham.

Also Wayne Barnes needs a kick up the bum, the yellow card was an awful decision. Incompetent ref.

What's this talk about playing Folau at 13? That is a bad idea. He needs to be where there space to attack (catch the high and counter attack or join the attacking line out wide) otherwise you are just wasting his talents. Play him at either Wing or Fullback. Beale can take First Five, Wing or Fullback. Personally I would play Folau at Fullback and Beale on the Wing. At least one of the Wings these days plays the role as 2nd Fullback anyhow.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)

Saw this as well. IRB probably 'didn't see it'. Can't believe barnes didn't pick it up. Phillips is a genuine khent.

What I love out this is that Quade just got up, realigned with his backs and defended the first phase off the scrum. No fluffing around on the ground, no whinging, just got on with it and continued with his brilliant passing and game management. Showing some serious character, who would've thought.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)

I'd bench Beale. Foley did his job in the last five minutes last night. Albeit a few short appearances, he has the absolute makings of a test 10. Why remove a natural flyhalf for a natural ball runner??

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
was i dreaming or did i see two dads pass the ball last night?
he did. Twice even. All he needs to learn to do now is to run straight before he passes as he took away all of Cummins space, which, if he had would have resulted in a double for Nick.

Hopefully Adam can teach Izzy his new 'skill' as well. Cummins should have had a hat-trick tonight.

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)
great game to finish off the year!

What's it now? 75 days until super rugby starts, wtf to do with oneself? :eek:

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Hooper getting some more later on;
View attachment 4302

in another thread, about the suspension of kurindrani (are the IRB nuts?) i raised exactly this point ! Hooper being picked up at a ruck and driven and dumped on his head, but not even a penalty, let alone a card and there will be no citing of that i am certain. this is the inconsistency in the clamp down that goes on regarding "tip tackles" but this is equally dangerous but totally ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.