• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2019 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Being a World Cup year I reckon both Banks and Valetini are next cycle.

But I’m thinking:
6. Samu
7. Hooper
8. Naisarani

And given the shit form of DHP, Hodge and Maddocks I’m also thinking
11. Koroibete
14. Speight
15. Beale

I’m also thinking:
10. Lealiifano

And I’ve warmed to Powell being the 3rd halfback

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I think it's reasonable to say no-one in their right mind would ever consider Phipps over Powell now.
To clarify, there has been a lot of discussion about who the 3 halfbacks should be, I agree you’d have Powell over Phipps now but both will be there, plus Genia

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
There's been a lot of chat about White killing it this year. I assume if that's true, he's the 3rd. But I haven't been following him.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
There's been a lot of chat about White killing it this year. I assume if that's true, he's the 3rd. But I haven't been following him.

Nup. Chat about players killing it up north often translates to "much the same back here" when they come back.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I don’t really get why you give someone a run in the RC but not the WC. Surely you play your best players all the time?

Certainly this year, they should decide broadly who they want, how they want them to play, and stick with it. I don't think the Wallabies will do much this year, in any event, but fart-arsing around in the RC is probably not a great way to start.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Certainly this year, they should decide broadly who they want, how they want them to play, and stick with it. I don't think the Wallabies will do much this year, in any event, but fart-arsing around in the RC is probably not a great way to start.
I’m a little more optimistic vis a vis the Wallabies’ chances but really I don’t think we have the depth to be picking players based on experience.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
I'd take Samu for the simple fact he' the only one in our potential squad with any real experience of winng, bar the remaining few Tahs of 2014.

Winning is a habit and a mindset, we see that year in year out in Origin. The mindset of QLD is not "I think we could win this", but more "losing is just not fucking acceptable, this is OUR trophy"

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Tight five is locked in but backrow is the conundrum.

6. Jones
7. Hooper
8. Naisirani

For me, Samu, McCaffrey and Pocock and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) are the bench options.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Would the first half tonight by Samu change your view Adam?

He had a very good first half, but the answer is no, even Rob Simmons has the occasional match where he looks like a top line test lock. If however that was his form were week in week out, then thats another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.