• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2020

Morphett22

Bob McCowan (2)
So, with having a few extra moments being incarcerated, decided to have a crack at seeing what the Wallabies would look like in the inevitable event of: “psyche, tests are going ahead in July”

1. James Slipper
2. Folau Fainga'a
3. Alan Ala'alatoa (c)
4. Cadeyrn Neville
5. Matt Phillip
6. Rob Valetini
7. Michael Hooper
8. Isi Naisarani
9. Nic White
10. Matt To'omua (vc)
11. Marika Koroibete
12. James O’Connor
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Andrew Kellaway
15. Tom Banks
16. Alex Mafi
17. Scott Sio
18. Taniela Tupou
19. Lukhan Salakaia-Loto
20. Pete Samu
21. Tate McDermott
22. Hamish Stewart
23. Tom Wright

I‘ve gone for what I think is a fairly balanced back row, Valetini a monster in close quarters, Hooper in the backs and Naisarani’s ball-carrying, I think I’ve picked two good lineout operators (if severely lacking international experience) to make up for the two non-jumpers in the back row which Naisarani who I would fire into the “serviceable” drawer in the lineout cabinet. My captain is a huge question mark I understand, I’ve gone with him as the only thing close we have to a captain in a winning culture we have available and could potentially take us through to the next World Cup, providing Thor hasn’t usurped him in the team by then. Think McDermott has a really bright future in the gold but no need to rush him into a starting jersey when he can spend a season or two understudying to Nic White, might get some stick for not picking Liam Wright but I have the most awful feeling McReight will push Wright to the blindside in the near future and if we play him in that position it’s just Pooper 2 electric boogaloo. Not overly inspired with the midfield I’ve picked given their advanced years but happy to be pointed in a better direction.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Yeah I do mate, I’m just going by the fact I haven’t really seen Izack Rodda play this year and this team is purely based on what I’ve seen this year in regards to who I’ve picked.

OK, he will be picked though. Otherwise it's very close to the 23 we will see I reckon.

Morphett22

Bob McCowan (2)
OK, he will be picked though. Otherwise it's very close to the 23 we will see I reckon.

Wouldn't be at all unhappy if he was mate, Neville isn't a realistic likely starter and reports are Phillip is off to France next year (which seriously blows) so more than likely yeah.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
HTF are we not tying down our best second-rowers? Philip off to France joining Arnold, Carter, Coleman and Skelton overseas. Not good. If there're two positions Oz rugby's weak in ATM they are five-eighth and second row.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
So, with having a few extra moments being incarcerated, decided to have a crack at seeing what the Wallabies would look like in the inevitable event of: “psyche, tests are going ahead in July”

1. James Slipper
2. Folau Fainga'a
3. Alan Ala'alatoa (c)
4. Cadeyrn Neville
5. Matt Phillip
6. Rob Valetini
7. Michael Hooper
8. Isi Naisarani
9. Nic White
10. Matt To'omua (vc)
11. Marika Koroibete
12. James O’Connor
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Andrew Kellaway
15. Tom Banks
16. Alex Mafi
17. Scott Sio
18. Taniela Tupou
19. Lukhan Salakaia-Loto
20. Pete Samu
21. Tate McDermott
22. Hamish Stewart
23. Tom Wright

I‘ve gone for what I think is a fairly balanced back row, Valetini a monster in close quarters, Hooper in the backs and Naisarani’s ball-carrying, I think I’ve picked two good lineout operators (if severely lacking international experience) to make up for the two non-jumpers in the back row which Naisarani who I would fire into the “serviceable” drawer in the lineout cabinet. My captain is a huge question mark I understand, I’ve gone with him as the only thing close we have to a captain in a winning culture we have available and could potentially take us through to the next World Cup, providing Thor hasn’t usurped him in the team by then. Think McDermott has a really bright future in the gold but no need to rush him into a starting jersey when he can spend a season or two understudying to Nic White, might get some stick for not picking Liam Wright but I have the most awful feeling McReight will push Wright to the blindside in the near future and if we play him in that position it’s just Pooper 2 electric boogaloo. Not overly inspired with the midfield I’ve picked given their advanced years but happy to be pointed in a better direction.

Considering the news out of the Reds this morning I'm leaning this way too, although I'd bracket Neville withe several other options.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
In better news the Wayne Smith piece on the situation says that Kerevi is in 14 days isolation after deciding to return to Australia. Anyone else heard that?

Seems these 3 are all off to Japan.

It is not the first time that Piccone-managed players have acted in apparent contradiction of their own best interests and those of the country. Former Reds centre Campbell Magnay chose to go to Japan in 2017, despite a virtual assurance from then Wallabies coach Michael Cheika that he would be taken on the spring tour that year. He has never subsequently played for Australia.
Similarly, Samu Kerevi looked deeply uncomfortable last year any time his decision to go to Japan was raised. He now is spending 14 days in isolation in a Sydney hostel after making a decision to return to Australia.