1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2020

Discussion in 'Rugby Discussion' started by A mutterer, Oct 19, 2019.

1. fatprop David Wilson (68)

Wasn't he training with the squad for a while? Hopefully he has dropped some kgs and got fit
  2. wamberal Michael Lynagh (62)

They should be, but I wouldn't bet on it. Craig played a couple of games for the Reds this year. Edmed would be better off going to some franchise where he has the chance of a start.
    Jimmy_Crouch likes this.
  3. Brumby Runner John Eales (66)

Do you not agree with the Women's cricket team for unanimously deciding to kneel?
  4. KOB1987 Steve Williams (59)

No. The national women's cricket team aren't paid to be political activists, they are paid to play cricket, and to entertain us with that. Leave the political activism to unemployed political activists.
  5. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

I am pretty hesitant to get this topic going again...
    RebelYell, dru and The_Brown_Hornet like this.
  6. KOB1987 Steve Williams (59)

Happy for you to delete all the posts TBH. The fact that it is debated confirms that it is divisive.
  7. Derpus David Codey (61)

Didn't we agree that DR asking the players what they wanted to do was the correct approach? not much else to say unless you fancy drafting an essay on the interrelation between political movements, human rights and professional sport.
  8. Froggy Vay Wilson (31)

Anyone know why Horton was cut for McInerny? I note some said he was too light, but I'm sure he was just as light when he was selected. Not saying it's a bad selection, it just seems strange to cut just one player with no indication there was a squad revision happening. Was there some sort of indiscretion?
  9. hifflepiff Herbert Moran (7)

Players that want to kneel should be allowed to, because we live in a free country and that is their right. If players don't want to kneel that is their right too.

That should be the end of it.
  10. TSR John Thornett (49)

No idea. My guess would be that, after his involvement in the training so far, Rennie has concluded Horton isn’t ready yet and wants another hooker in the squad. Best to bring McInerney now so he is up to speed if they suffer a couple of injuries. Either that or McInerney was always the preferred option but there were reasons he couldn’t/wasn’t included at the outset.
    Drew likes this.
  11. wamberal Michael Lynagh (62)

No doubt that ours is a fairly free country. There are commercial and other realities, however.

I doubt that very many rugby diehards, no matter their private opinions, would want to see the team divided into kneelers and non-kneelers. That would be the worst of all possible worlds, and I speak as one who is very sympathetic to the "Black Lives Matter" ethos, and the recognition of our indigenous peoples - or lack of it.
    Hound, Silverado and KOB1987 like this.
  12. rodha Sydney Middleton (9)

Does anyone know if the new scrum coach Petrus Du Plessis is in the Wallabies camp yet?

I haven't heard anything about him.
  13. Adam84 Ken Catchpole (46)

Only this week I believe
  14. Joe Blow Ken Catchpole (46)

Just because its divisive does not mean that it should not be done or debated. In fact the opposite is most likely true.
    Forcefield likes this.
  15. fatprop David Wilson (68)

tom decent post on the tweeter
    [IMG]
    RebelYell and Derpus like this.
  16. Rugby Head Chris McKivat (8)

Actually a pretty solid looking team. I really like the backrow.
  17. Highlander35 Paul McLean (56)

Is that an ACTUAL Australia A team (i.e. Players will be captured) or is it just a trial game as indicated by extended benches?
  18. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

It's a trial game from what I can tell.

I don't think any game with more than 23 players is an official game.
  19. Rebels3 Ken Catchpole (46)

My understanding is that this will be very much a trial or opposed training hit out, with lots of stops and starts. There was talk about a 2nd game played that was more of a traditional game environment but not sure if that has been canned because of the first hit out been pushed back a week after last weeks cancellation.
  20. fatprop David Wilson (68)

Lots of Tahs in the team, probably because the game is in Sydney