• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2020

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Koroibete, Wright, Daugunu, and Vunivalu all available to play on the wing next year is getting towards NZ levels of depth. My hope is Wright to 15 eventually, though.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Koroibete, Wright, Daugunu, and Vunivalu all available to play on the wing next year is getting towards NZ levels of depth. My hope is Wright to 15 eventually, though.

Banks was pretty damn good on the weekend. I like the idea of Maddocks and Banks fighting out 15 (and the Reds bloke), with Wright on one wing so we have the dual fullback/kickers at the back.

I also think Vunivalu is over-rated. He will have a bit of work to do to get to Koro and Daungunu's level.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Wright was so assured. When he dropped back and then cleared off his left foot was impressive. His positional play and option taking was top notch and he easily got around his opposite on a number of occasions. I imagine that he and Wilson will gel well out wide.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Wright was so assured. When he dropped back and then cleared off his left foot was impressive. His positional play and option taking was top notch and he easily got around his opposite on a number of occasions. I imagine that he and Wilson will gel well out wide.

The guy just oozes confidence... He has no problem backing himself to beat the man or do anything on a footy pitch. We originally saw him as a 12, but with his pace and ability to just beat someone his made wing very attractive. probably could play 10/12/11/14/15 if required. 13 defensively might be a bit out of reach...

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)

You can probably throw Ramm in there as well. He has developed out of sight and has a fantastic skillset as well. If he keeps developing then can more than comfortably be in the conversation.

I'd like to see Wright transition to 15. He could be the most complete, skill set wise of all those in contention.

footy1>31

Ted Thorn (20)

Wright is as Trent Robbo, Roosters coach likes to say a genuine footy player. Was watching his schoolboy highlights today and played a mix of 10/13/15. No doubt he will be a staple of the team for the next 7 years (home world cup). With TK moving on to Force I wonder if it's feasible he plays in the centers. Would fit in well with Tepai next year :D. Who knows, could see him stepping up against the All Blacks in his first test start at five-eight after a slew of injuries in a few years.

Hardtackle

Charlie Fox (21)
If Banks can't nail down the FB position for the WB's, I'd be all for giving Wright a crack at 15 for the Brums to see if he can form an axis with Lolo that becomes the WB's 10 & 15. DHP isn't the gun we need at 15. I suspect Maddocks seems to get really down on himself and will need to sort that to get the consistency required of an international fullback.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Think he was in the half's in league

Was a 5/8 or fullback, which I think has serviced him well as I would say he is one of the best attacking short kickers in OZ rugby. Go back and watch super ruby AU or even though Aus A games against Argentina and his chips and grubbers are always dangerous and precise.

I like that as supporters we are having a dialogue about Wright vs Daugunu...gives us horses for courses and competition which we haven't had on the wing in a long time.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
If Banks can't nail down the FB position for the WB's, I'd be all for giving Wright a crack at 15 for the Brums to see if he can form an axis with Lolo that becomes the WB's 10 & 15. DHP isn't the gun we need at 15. I suspect Maddocks seems to get really down on himself and will need to sort that to get the consistency required of an international fullback.

I doubt the Brumbies would move Banks. He is easily the most consistent Super XV fullback in Aus rugby, and his attack isn't an issue at super XV level.

It's more likely Wright would move to 12 over Simone but even that is unlikely.

Not sure how much influence Rennie would have if he asked clubs to play players in certain positions. Would be handy for the wallabies though.

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
I think the Brumbies should start investing in Mack Hansen as their long-term FB option.

I've really liked what I've seen out of him; big, fast, lightning feet, good in the air and looks to have a solid offload and passing game. Unsure about his kicking.

But he has just about all the attributes to make an excellent test 15