• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2020

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
He inherited an absolute basket case, starting with the sacking of McBain.

He inherited a basket case, and there were plenty of injuries... But it was under him the Reds capitulated 92-3 against the Bulls, which still stands out as the most disgusting effort I have ever seen from a professional sporting team.

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)
Cheika has publicly and stridently set out his stall based on ‘loyalty’ and a dogmatic approach to a ‘style’ of play

When you do that, you simply cannot complain when you get the pineapple if it doesn’t work. All this equivocating about fairness and not having the players is bollocks

He gave himself one bullet, it missed. C’est la vie. Au revoir

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Wonder what kind of deal the next coach will get. Not wild about these 4 year unconditional deals.

That's right. Two years with two one year options. Can always be renegotiated if things turn out better than expected.

Four year contracts should be labeled Cheika contracts and be banned for evermore.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Man, I'd love to know what Chieka thinks Castle hasn't given him. Outside of removing the Giteau's law completely, what has he asked for that RA hasn't given?

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
He inherited a basket case, and there were plenty of injuries. But it was under him the Reds capitulated 92-3 against the Bulls, which still stands out as the most disgusting effort I have ever seen from a professional sporting team.

You obviously missed the Crusaders putting 96 points on NSW (oddly enough NSW managed to finish second - on the table, they finished third in that match).

Bob Dwyer, sorry to mention that!

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm not so sure about getting Eddie back. Personally, I haven't forgiven him for what he did to a whole generation of Australian props. In his quest for effectiveness around the park, he completely devalued the set piece and made our scrum in particular a laughing stock for years. Yes he may have learned, but once bitten, twice shy.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
FWIW, I can't see us affording either Jones or Joseph. Rennie jad some good cattle at Waikato, but I don't think he'd be a bad option. Feel free to cut and paste this in four years.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I think we should make a play for Eddie.

Well we've just had a Super Rugby winning ex-Randwick coach fond of mind games, and that didn't go great. So rolling straight into another one....... I don't know.

From what I read of Rennie I reckon he's our man. The kiwis rate him too, which helps.

S

Show-n-go

Yeah it’s all about the World Cup. Again.

Fuck me, they haven’t learnt a thing.

I’m not against it, i don’t think it’s the best idea but not the worst

2 years isn’t a huge amount of time, this gives him more time to focus on getting the squad and processes right rather than having to worry about having a good winning percentage in the first 1-2 years

Plus japan for the last 8 years have focussed solely on the World Cup, to the point where they pulled guys out of the sunwolves squad to focus on training and it seems to have paid off handsomely

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I would be going 3 years and then review. If things are going well, 1 or 2 year extension. If they aren't, there is still enough time to put a new coach in.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
5% of the magic beans?

tenor.gif