• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2021

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Some new on the mid year tests been reported

France have confirmed they are coming, however..

- Players that make the Top 14 finals will miss the first test

- Game will be played on 7, 13, 17 of July. That means 2 mid week games

- apparently this has been done because of the quarantine needs and getting players back to France with as minimal disruption as possible.

If true it’s better than nothing

what? Really? A test on a Wednesday and then a Tuesday? Without top players?

Jesus. Might as well play it at Canberra and Adelaide.

Good luck trying to make money out of this tour RA

Phuque you French Rugby.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
what? Really? A test on a Wednesday and then a Tuesday? Without top players?

Jesus. Might as well play it at Canberra and Adelaide.

Good luck trying to make money out of this tour RA

Phuque you French Rugby.
Only seen it on Twitter (not the most glowing reference haha). But from a normally reliable journo - Paul Eddison who’s prob the best French to English guy going around

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
Some new on the mid year tests been reported

France have confirmed they are coming, however..

- Players that make the Top 14 finals will miss the first test

- Game will be played on 7, 13, 17 of July. That means 2 mid week games

- apparently this has been done because of the quarantine needs and getting players back to France with as minimal disruption as possible.

If true it’s better than nothing

Treat 'em like England in 1998

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Fuck that - play an Australia A team if you want mid week games.
Yeah - good opportunity to get some of the wider squad members a cap.

Lessen the blow of a potential loss, too.

At least now we get to play around picking our preferred second grade Wallabies 15.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Despite his drunk driving, Latu is in mad form for Stade Français. Pilfering like Pocock, genuinely 4+ times a game. If he was in Aus, he’d be #2 straight away.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Thought Ikitau had equally as good a game as Perese did the week before. Nice little bit of depth forming at 13 between those two and also with Petaia being able to play there.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Ronan O'Gara, the coach of La Rochelle, says their success this season is on the back of Skelton. Just put in a MoTM performance in the European Rugby Championship semi final against Leinster. Make it the Skelton rule, I don't care, get him home for the RWC. He's only 28.

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
I keep saying they should lure him back

Maybe, but he probably shouldn't be top of the list though as Wallabies aren't lacking depth at hooker.

Priority should be Skelton, Arnold, Kerevi, possibly McMahon.

Kerevi should be the top priority, as Australia teams have no decent sized line-bending centres other than Simone.

Paisami is 90kg, Ikitau 89kg, I mean what's the deal with that? Are they all playing League or something?

NZ are consistently producing test-sized centres.. like even their bench warmers are mostly all 100kg+ hulks..

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Kerevi should be the top priority, as Australia teams have no decent sized line-bending centres other than Simone.

(Paisami is 90kg, Ikitau 89kg, I mean what's the deal with that? Are they all playing League or something?

I commend you for making a post that isn't fluffing Robbie Dean's credentials, but you've still managed to get it all wrong with these two sentences.........

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
None of them are comin' back.

Me thinks if we don't make exemptions, at least one or two of our wanted top 5 will do the sign for 2024 for a year, play RWC & a short super season then back to Japan.

Is there anyone we want overseas who qualifies with over 60 caps?

All the ones we want have around 20 caps. Not taking back Phipps, Simmons, Genia, Cooper, Foley....