• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

HogansHeros

Syd Malcolm (24)
That's not a style. That's just being good at the sport. Also, why on earth would you need a centralised model to ensure people are properly learning the basics?
Its the Brumbies style cause currently they are the only super rugby team doing it.

Linerunner2023

Fred Wood (13)
Mate I’ve been following Kerevi since he played colts rugby at my club.

One of his best attributes was he could have Edward Scissorhands playing 10 but still manage to get 10m over the gain line with a flat footed carry.

This 2023 Kerevi is suffering from injury setback and playing vacation footy in Japan for too long.
Very hard to compare breaking the line in colts rugby to international
Average players look great in great teams while very good players can look average in a shit team in any sport
Atm the forwards are not doing their job, and there is no dominant half or 10 so hard for any outside back to really shine
We have the best TH in the world in tupou, Skelton is dominating, valetini is world class, I know this will strike a few but no hoooper is a massive loss, we are not getting to the breakdown and mcreight is a downgrade to him! No experienced 10 which anyone could see this failing, and gorden being less value after not kicking
Who do we replace Kerevi with? I have never seen a 10 and 12 combo in Quade and Kerevi dominate the boks like they did in 2021!
Yes Kerevi and korobeti are not quite at their best but they are still going okay and plenty of worse players - and no one to replace these guys

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Very hard to compare breaking the line in colts rugby to international
Average players look great in great teams while very good players can look average in a shit team in any sport
Atm the forwards are not doing their job, and there is no dominant half or 10 so hard for any outside back to really shine
We have the best TH in the world in tupou, Skelton is dominating, valetini is world class, I know this will strike a few but no hoooper is a massive loss, we are not getting to the breakdown and mcreight is a downgrade to him! No experienced 10 which anyone could see this failing, and gorden being less value after not kicking
Who do we replace Kerevi with? I have never seen a 10 and 12 combo in Quade and Kerevi dominate the boks like they did in 2021!
Yes Kerevi and korobeti are not quite at their best but they are still going okay and plenty of worse players - and no one to replace these guys

Yes sorry you’re right I stopped watching him for 10 years and just started again this RWC. This level does seem much harder.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
According to one calculator, we finish the year ranked 10. https://rawling.github.io/WR (World Rugby)-calc/

Bring on the off season.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
So thus ends the worst years rugby in my living history as a wallabies supporter, yet not a single person is being held accountable for this utter dumpster fire bring on 2024 where its every possibility that we go 0 & 14

Fergo

Allen Oxlade (6)

I know this is close necro'ing a thread, but this seems to fit better here than in the coaches thread or Wallabies 2024 thread.
So the word on the street was Tupou was the instigator of the ‘hate Thorn club’ and separated the Red’s squad. He’s not getting off to a great start at the Rebels with comments like this. I really hope the Tupou buy wasn’t a bad one.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
So the word on the street was Tupou was the instigator of the ‘hate Thorn club’ and separated the Red’s squad. He’s not getting off to a great start at the Rebels with comments like this. I really hope the Tupou buy wasn’t a bad one.

This seems a rough assessment. We have posters here still going nuts about the performance of EJ (Eddie Jones) and his desecration of the Wallabies (something I also suspect has rough edges). Tupou is simply speaking with consistency to the general narrative.

Thorn had done his time, extended too far by a year at least and understood it himself. Are we saying that players can't have emotions or opinions?

There is plenty to be done around the Wallabies and rugby generally in Australia. Tupou as a claimed negative does not appear on my list of things that need addressing, nor can I understand him appearing anywhere other than near the bottom of the most exhaustive and lengthy list.

Rebels have one of the world's potentially best THPs. Enjoy it.

Fergo

Allen Oxlade (6)
This seems a rough assessment. We have posters here still going nuts about the performance of EJ (Eddie Jones) (Eddie Jones) and his desecration of the Wallabies (something I also suspect has rough edges). Tupou is simply speaking with consistency to the general narrative.

Thorn had done his time, extended too far by a year at least and understood it himself. Are we saying that players can't have emotions or opinions?

There is plenty to be done around the Wallabies and rugby generally in Australia. Tupou as a claimed negative does not appear on my list of things that need addressing, nor can I understand him appearing anywhere other than near the bottom of the most exhaustive and lengthy list.

Rebels have one of the world's potentially best THPs. Enjoy it.
Not my assessment as I have no idea what was going on at the Reds, but people I know do. There is a binary respect for your own and unfortunately that is not a thing anymore. In a professional setting less is more, and Tupou crossed the line. He needs to learn his place.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Not my assessment as I have no idea what was going on at the Reds, but people I know do. There is a binary respect for your own and unfortunately that is not a thing anymore. In a professional setting less is more, and Tupou crossed the line. He needs to learn his place.
Can you elaborate on the learning his place aspect?

dru

Tim Horan (67)

1: Reds "Dont know what was happening" but...
2: Wallabies: no context among probably the most context heavy period in Australian rugby.
3. Conclusion: Rebels watch out.

Not overdone? Just a tad?

Tupou's "place" is world class and could step into the starting role in pretty much most clubs he wanted, in a role where the wisdom is, starting a new club, the first player to choose is the THP, and the second the bench THP.

My message to Rebels fans remains the same - enjoy.

[FWIW I can concede smoke with fire at the Reds, just suspect that again context would be useful and as we are not being offered any, taking it out on Tupou seems excessive.]

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
The comments from Tupou and the others quoted in the article paint quite a concerning picture of disillusionment and frustration among players. Combined with what’s being said in some of the reports on Mark N (Nawaqanitawase), it does sound like Cyclone Eddie has caused more damage than realised.