• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
The pass from White was a shocker - end over end, wobbly, and low. Not making excuses for Quade, but it definitely doesn't help
This is where I feel for Quade.

I might be wrong but he has played most of his time this year either behind a losing pack or with Nic White....usually both. I'd like to see him with the best starting pack and a 9 who gets him quick ball.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I don’t see HMP sticking around to play inside centre for the Reds…. as there’s not a lot of/limited super rugby flyhalves positions available - I’d hate to lose him abroad
Like to see him at the Brumbies. IMO he is equal or better than his peers, but plays more like Carter Gordon than the others who are more aligned with game management I think.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
This is where I feel for Quade.

I might be wrong but he has played most of his time this year either behind a losing pack or with Nic White....usually both. I'd like to see him with the best starting pack and a 9 who gets him quick ball.
Been the story for much of his Wallabies career really - has shit me for years!

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
I would like to see Reesjan Pasitoa back at the Brumbies and Isaac Lucas back at the Reds.
Why would you want Pasitoa to leave the Force?

He was raised in Perth, went to school there until his final three years, has family and friends in Perth and is now under a great coach, medical and s+c team at the Force.

Note: He has signed for 2024 and 2025 with the Force

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)

He was raised in Perth, went to school there until his final three years, has family and friends in Perth and is now under a great coach, medical and s+c team at the Force.

Can't wait for him next year, his skill ceiling looks to be very high.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
He's the type of player you really REALLY need to be finding a way of getting over to the NPC for that extra 6-10 games of running against professional bodies.
I’ve watched a bit of him playing Shute Shield and he doesn’t actually look that good. But in saying that his brother never looked great in Super Rugby and look at him now.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)

They already have Burey and Donaldson, best to move him to somewhere like QLD (where he played schoolboy footy) and a team that will have more success

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I’ve watched a bit of him playing Shute Shield and he doesn’t actually look that good. But in saying that his brother never looked great in Super Rugby and look at him now.

Whether or not he will be any good is a moot point.

The point is that blokes like him, who've aged out of under 20s but are far from the finished product need minutes in legs against pros, or you'll only find out what they're actually capable of at 24, 25, 26, and they've hung around on the fringes of a pro side for 5 or 6 seasons, either missing 2 or 3 years of excellence, or a similar amount development time and money "wasted".

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
What’s everyone’s thoughts on Slipper. I am really doubting his pyshicality and scrummaging lately. He used to run a good line at pace but I haven’t seen that too often either.

I actually fear Slipper and M Hooper will be our worst players, both past there peaks. Ironic both were initially co-captain.

Fingers crossed to be proven wrong, especially by Slipper given our status with injured props.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Whether or not he will be any good is a moot point.

The point is that blokes like him, who've aged out of under 20s but are far from the finished product need minutes in legs against pros, or you'll only find out what they're actually capable of at 24, 25, 26, and they've hung around on the fringes of a pro side for 5 or 6 seasons, either missing 2 or 3 years of excellence, or a similar amount development time and money "wasted".
My response was more to do with whether he’s the long-term solution at 12 for Australia- which I don’t think he is. I completely agree that there is a need for these fringe players to play more professional football.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What’s everyone’s thoughts on Slipper. I am really doubting his pyshicality and scrummaging lately. He used to run a good line at pace but I haven’t seen that too often either.

I actually fear Slipper and M Hooper will be our worst players, both past there peaks. Ironic both were initially co-captain.

Fingers crossed to be proven wrong, especially by Slipper given our status with injured props.
Not sure we have a better backup to Bell. I’d like to see Bell almost play 65-70 mins though.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Not sure we have a better backup to Bell. I’d like to see Bell almost play 65-70 mins though.

Absolutely. Bell could well be the worlds best prop if he continues playing the way he does. The only other backup I can think so is Sio, he would be the ideal inclusion if he’s in solid form.

griffins

Bill Watson (15)

Scrumming looks to be inconsistent. Hes getting on and light so relying on craft more than explosive power. Around the field he's fine though, still stinging with his chop tackles especially.