• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
AFAIK no injuries from that match.

Gordon can't kick; we've got to do something about it.

Team to play Georgia.

1. Bell
2. Porecki
3. Tupou
4. Frost
5. Skelton
6. Hooper
7. Gleeson
8. Valetini
9. McDermott
10. Gordon
11. Koroibete
12. Donaldson
13. Perese
14. Vunivalu
15. Petaia

16. Faessler
17. Slipper
18. Pone
19. Arnold
20. Leota
21. McReight
22. White
23. Kellaway

Give Petaia a go at 15, see what he does at Test level there. Let's see if Vunivalu can back up that performance too.
Id rather Kerevi at IC

Rugby Survivor

Ward Prentice (10)
Does Eddie really care about this World Cup. You can not go into such a tournament without a high percentage goal kicker in your squad. The kid is a great player but the goal kicking will start to affect his confidence and then no doubt his general play.
Starting to to worry about even getting out of our pool after watching Fiji.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
Does Eddie really care about this World Cup. You can not go into such a tournament without a high percentage goal kicker in your squad. The kid is a great player but the goal kicking will start to affect his confidence and then no doubt his general play.
Starting to to worry about even getting out of our pool after watching Fiji.
We don't have any great Goal kickers in Au currently

Rugby Survivor

Ward Prentice (10)
Cooper and Foley both better kickers and with a lot more experience. Also hearing they have a lot to say and Eddie did not like anyone listening to other voices that are not his.

Sword of Justice

Bill McLean (32)
Cooper may regret not picking up the phone to Eddie a few weeks ago. I'm sure he was extremely upset, as anyone would be in his position, but he may have closed the door on his chances prematurely.

If we rely on Foley as a replacement 10 we are really fucked. He is so far away from his best level these days. I hope we draft in JOC (James O'Connor) instead. I hear the voices saying he defended poorly against Portugal but he has been better defender than either Foley or Cooper for his whole career.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
My suspicion is that the squad would have been formally submitted, else Arnold and Skelton would have probably been required for their Top14 teams in last weeks games.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
My suspicion is that the squad would have been formally submitted, else Arnold and Skelton would have probably been required for their Top14 teams in last weeks games.

I think all the sides in the top 14 signed medical jokers for all the players going to the world cup for the 1st 3 rounds

whitefalcon

Bob Loudon (25)
AFAIK no injuries from that match.

Gordon can't kick; we've got to do something about it.

Team to play Georgia.

1. Bell
2. Porecki
3. Tupou
4. Frost
5. Skelton
6. Hooper
7. Gleeson
8. Valetini
9. McDermott
10. Gordon
11. Koroibete
12. Donaldson
13. Perese
14. Vunivalu
15. Petaia

16. Faessler
17. Slipper
18. Pone
19. Arnold
20. Leota
21. McReight
22. White
23. Kellaway

Give Petaia a go at 15, see what he does at Test level there. Let's see if Vunivalu can back up that performance too.

I think we need to swap our 9s pairings.

White with Gordon (so White can kick)
Tate with Donaldson

If Kerevi is fit for Georgia he has to start at 12. We missed the crash ball against France.