• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 40 man squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

What2040

My mail on some Reds squad members -

Mike Harris, Morahan, Shipperley Fingers x 2, Lucas, will be chosen

Shatz, Cooper, Hanson probably not - Holmes deserving of selection but unsure - lots of prop choices

J

Jiggles

Hanson and Holmes have been playing some very good rugby and should be in the mix. Hanson is probably a year or 2 out from being match day 22 material though.

T

TOCC

Horwill is out injured so that opens the doors to a few locks..

AWH from the Reds, and the locks from the Brumbies and Rebels might be in with a shot.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I would say the performance of the Aus teams today has made picking the squad harder and not in a good way.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Depending on the squad size, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bernard Foley find a spot.

He looks a "Deans" style player, good on his feet, calm head and decent ball playing skills.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Harris is a Kiwi but he has an Australian Grand mother and is Australian elligible.

R

RBS

What are your thoughts on Nathan Charles? I think his form has been far better than finger's. I'd have him as my back up hooker behind Moore & TPN.

I also like the consistancy of Andrew Smith from the Brumbies and the versatility and consistancy of Lachlan Mitchell from the Rebels (he's like a Pat McCabe but has better ball skills) and provided he's not dead after that tackle from the reserve Hurricanes hooker last night.

Would love to see Liam Gill playing blindside but apparently won't be selected due to the U20's selection.

Assuming Beale, Horwill, O'Connor, Lealifano, Tapuai, Lucas, Turner are injured and Quade & Drew shouldn't be selected until they're completely recovered -

1. Benn Robinson (NSW)
2. Stephen Moore (ACT)
3. Ben Alexander (ACT)
4. Rob Simmons (QLD)
5. Nathan Sharpe (WA)
6. Scott Higginbotham (QLD)
7. David Pocock (WA)
8. Wycliff Palu (NSW)
9. Will Genia (QLD)
10. Berrick Barnes (NSW)
11. Digby Ioane (QLD)
12. Pat McCabe (ACT)
13. Rob Horne (NSW)
14. Adam Ashley-Cooper (NSW)
15. Luke Morahan (QLD)

16. Tatafu Polota-Nau (NSW)
17. James Slipper (QLD)
18. Hugh Pyle (MEL)
19. Ben Mowen (ACT)
20. Nick Phipps (MEL)
21. Mike Harris (QLD)
22. Jesse Mogg (ACT)

23. Dan Palmer (ACT)
24. Sekope Kepu (NSW)
25. Nathan Charles (WA)
26. James Hanson (QLD)
27. Kane Douglas (NSW)
28. Scott Fardy (ACT)
29. Luke Jones (MEL)
30. Dave Dennis (NSW)
31. Matt Hodgson (WA)
32. Michael Hooper (ACT)
33. Fotu Aulea (ACT)
34. Nic White (ACT)
35. Brendan McKibbon (NSW) - is he with Aus or Scotland?
36. Anthony Faainga (QLD)
37. Nick Cummins (WA)
38. Dom Shipperly (QLD)
39. Joseph Tomane (ACT)
40. Lachlan Mitchell (MEL)

Hopefully some of those injuries above come good because there seems to be a lack of depth in our midfield.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Based on some traffic from twitter, Vuna is in the squad.

This is a pet hate of mine, with the states next to the player's names, keep it consistent.

eg. you've got NSW, QLD, ACT, WA, MEL???

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I'd like to see B. Foley make the 40 man squad. The bloke is coming along in leaps and bounds.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
3. Ben Alexander (ACT)

Alexander hasn't shown that he's in form scrummaging wise. More importantly you're playing him on a side he hasn't played all year consistently which is a huge problem in itself.

R

RBS

Based on some traffic from twitter, Vuna is in the squad.

This is a pet hate of mine, with the states next to the player's names, keep it consistent.

eg. you've got NSW, QLD, ACT, WA, MEL???

Haha. I know what you mean, but unlike NSW, QLD, ACT and WA - They are the Melbourne Rebels. Not the Victorian Rebels.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
If Ma-afu makes the squad I will lose any shred of respect I still had for robbie deans.

He is useless at the scrum and useless around the field. He was replaced by a virtual unknown last night who compressively out performed him.

R

RBS

Alexander hasn't shown that he's in form scrummaging wise. More importantly you're playing him on a side he hasn't played all year consistently which is a huge problem in itself.

I don't think BA's scrummaging has been that bad this season. I think also that with the unsettled starting 15 with new combinations we're likely to name, Robbie may choose to keep some consistency in certain combinations that have been tried and proven before.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I don't think BA's scrummaging has been that bad this season. I think also that with the unsettled starting 15 with new combinations we're likely to name, Robbie may choose to keep some consistency in certain combinations that have been tried and proven before.
He's been playing at 1, not 3.
There is some argument that he has proven much less at 3 internationally than he has at 1 provincially.

Status
Not open for further replies.