• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies at the Rugby World Cup 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Use the Wallabies match threads for discussion of their games and this thread for other matters pertaining to the Wallabies squad. There will be similar threads for South Africa, England, NZ and France. If folks feel another country deserves another thread, or have a particular interest in that country, they can start one.

Since a majority of forum members are Australian it is likely that separate threads on some Wallabies matters have higher general interest than something similar pertaining to another country. Start a new thread, by all means, but if in doubt, put it in this thread.

The idea is to avoid starting dozens of threads for such subjects as: “What a goose Fred Nerk is” and the like.

There will be some big news items or incidents that deserve individual threads – play it by ear. Don't be miffed though if you start a thread and it is later merged with another one.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
For those wishing to give the squad a final goodbye, they leave the Crown Plaza Coogee at 4:45am on Tuesday morning.

There are no early mornings this RWC, its the least we can do!

Sluggy

Ward Prentice (10)
Punch-up at Wallaby training?

Anybody have any details about this:

Anthony Fainga'a has revealed that punches were thrown in Australia’s training session ahead of their World Cup opener against Italy on Sunday.
Reports of punches during an intense, opposed practice were acknowledged by centre Fainga'a. The Australians, who beat New Zealand two weeks ago to win the Tri-Nations title for the first time in a decade, open their charge in Auckland.
“It’s training and there is 30 guys in a team and only 22 guys can put on jumpers, so there is always a few punches and some words at training,” Reds midfield man Fainga'a explained.
“Having guys chasing right behind you makes you become a better player.
“It also keeps you on your toes the whole time. It creates a healthy culture. We train how we play.”

kambah mick

Chris McKivat (8)
Seen it a hundred times at every level of the game. Reporting this is a symptom of too many journos sitting around waiting for something, anything to happpen in the "phoney war" stages of the cup. Now the games have started I hope the reporting lifts several notches.

T

TOCC

ive been in punch ups with my best mate before during rugby training..

same story, it was premier grade vs 2nd grade opposed training...
Some of us premier grade players took offence to the 2nd grade players unecessarily roughing us up..

end of story

W

What2040

evidently just a beat-up for the media who were banned from the training run - but it makes for a good read

D

daz

So the lads are putting in the big ones at training and getting fired up? Damn. They need to tone it down a bit; the tournament opposition will not take kindly to a team going hard and trying to win.

Bugger...my sarcasm filter is off. I'll fix that. Sorry....

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I'll see if I can reset it for you, Daz. Because I care. No, really.
Funny, mine seems to be on?

Status
Not open for further replies.