• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies at the Rugby World Cup 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
i was keen to see us perform with a saffa style backrow but last nights performance and wales v samoa today showed the importance of a player on the park dedicated to the breakdown a la pocock
i see the error in my ways and would implore robbie to find an injury in the squad and get hodgeson there asap>
lets face it without genia and burgess we are fucked anyway so why bother havin a 3rd halfback?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
As I wrote on the match thread: having a fetcher, including Pocock, last night wouldn't have helped much against swarm after swarm of passionate Ireland forwards who got to the breakdown earlier and pushed Aussies off the ball many times.

Ireland didn't have a fetcher, haven't had one for years; ask them if an Oz fetcher would have made a difference.

The forwards we had would have been good enough to win the game if they played as they did in Durban and Brisbane.

They didn't.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
I hear he's Chuck Norris' understudy.

I'm being realistic, look through the forums of old, these are all things that have been said before about Berrick.

i really thought the phil waugh bandwagon had died with his effectiveness on the field- about 2-4 years ago
edit: and thats s15 level... too small too one dimensional for test rugby

The point was that anyone would have been better then McCalman. Phil Waugh still manages to put McCaw on his arse & rip the ball away from him over the try-line, thats what I call effective.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
If we lived in a perfect world the aru would have been competent enough to keep him in australia for another season.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
Gastro?

Just read on Rugbyheaven that Stephen Moore did not play due to 'gastro' and that Ant Faainga stayed in Auckland for a similar reason.

One question

1995?

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
Maybe we are just starting to believe your claims (as the evidence stacks up) about 1995.

B

BRIX

Who cares. I just woke up with a good feeling and the belief that we could still win this fucking thing!

It's a long tournament boys - keep the faith

B

BRIX

Haha. I'm serious though WJ - positive vibes your way oh blessed one.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Weird. I was in Wellington last weekend and had gastro for the first time in my life. Ever. Pharmacist told me it seemed to be going around all week.

Suzie is having a whale of a time.

Duncher

Herbert Moran (7)
just want to say, after being in auckland for 20 hours, gastro, dont drink the water.

Didn't try the water myself, stuck to the beer, coincidentally enough of that seems to make you crook as well after a brief but completely forgettable period of euphoria

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Its nerves every time its a big game kiwi's including there cricketer come down with upset tummies. Looks like its catching.

Status
Not open for further replies.