• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies have a drinking problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

Wasn't it around 1500 Euro which equalled around AUD$2200?

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
The manager of the bar they were at said they went through 3k of free drinks.

Now, that's Euro, and European alcohol prices, IE 4 euro a pint, not the 10-15 it would be in a similarly flashy joint in Sydney.

I am not sure what you are saying here, or if it was a gag?

Presuming the 'k' mean a thousand, and they ran up three grands worth of drinks at 4/pint...you trying to say between them they drank close to a hundred gallon of drinks?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I am not sure what you are saying here, or if it was a gag?

Presuming the 'k' mean a thousand, and they ran up three grands worth of drinks at 4/pint.you trying to say between them they drank close to a hundred gallon of drinks?

Sounds completely ridiculous unless they were drinking $200+ a bottle chateauneuf-du-pape or similar.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Might've got the figure wrong.

It's academic anyway, and answers the question. THey clearly sunk a lot of piss, and got home after 3am.

A few days before a must win test match, after the year that we've just had, and knowing they were in the squad, is pretty grim and absolutely deserves a ban.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Sounds completely ridiculous unless they were drinking $200+ a bottle chateauneuf-du-pape or similar.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

They were in an exclusive area of the club, not a bar, so assume about a 400% markup.

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
and some more back home:

At just after 7pm Beale was there in the front bar area with his mates screaming and carrying on,'' my contact said.
''At one stage he was standing on chairs yahooing at the top of his lungs … not in an aggressive way but my crew found it both loud and intimidating and so we left. I don't know where that leaves 'my troubles are behind me rhetoric' and I'm not sure where his shoulder recon is at but he would have woken up with one sore head.''
Beale has always had an interesting view on his issues with drinking.
''I really don't think I have an alcohol problem but sometimes alcohol doesn't agree with me,'' he mused following one of his dramas.
'In a controlled environment, at a barbecue or at a restaurant, I'm fine … but at other times I make bad choices.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/kurtley-beale-caught-out-on-the-sauce-20131123-2y2h6.html#ixzz2lYh1PcE2

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
I don't know if the Wallabies have a drinking problem, but they sure have given me one.

Just saying.

not quite sure but i'd hazard a guess said drinking habit would not be as bad as one acquired during the national rugby drinking game aka Black7?

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
So who was it? A Brumbie with a bit of influence, I originally thought Lilo but going with Moore. He has often had something to say on the culture of the side and may have decided enough is enough.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Realistically it could be Benny A, Moore, or Mowen.

They would be the only three Brumbies you could describe as senior Brumbies.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
He doesn't specifically say Brumbies. He says the Brumbies v Warathas game next year. Could also be a Tah?

T

Tip

Could have realistically been any of those players. Moore comes across as a senior head that has seen way too much shit go down when Robbie was around - wouldn't surprise me if he took a stand
Benny A could have been protecting his Prop position, with two tah front rowers; Ben Robinson & Ryan out with the group

Final and favorite: Mowen decides that the (c) next to his name triples the size and credibility of his dick. He then gets all " i haven't been invited out for a beer by ANYONE this year. Now half the team gets gets $2200 of free piss and I still wasn't invited?!" Runs to his mummy and gets all the popular kids in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.