• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies have a drinking problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I'm also trying to find another online version.

It apparently shows the players shaking hands amongst themselves, or more importantly, who isn't.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Only clip I could see on youtube had very little that would lead me to make any conclusion. That said, it did show a second or two of To'omua with no one around, maybe that hamstring wasn't an accident???:eek:

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Ooh - A conspiracy theory. I like one of these. Time for the Tin Foil Hat.

Mine hasn't had too much use of late.

I hope to get to look at the Post match handshakes on IQ recording, if my little darlings haven't deleted it to make space for some of the rubbish they record.

ATM given the clues around, I'd have to go for Moore. He has been quoted about the team culture before, and the fact that the Senior players probably could/should have done more to keep the muppeteers in line. This would be the first chance to prove that he wasn't just spewing out the old rhetoric about improving the team culture and professionalism in teh Wobs.

I don't buy in to the Mowen hissy fit theory, although it is well presented and deserves the sought after 3 Tin Foil Hat Rating.

I don't think it is an anti-Tahs thing. I'm only giving that a 1.5 Tin Foil Hat Rating. I think most of the Wobs are above petty inter-franchise/inter-state pointscoring. They should want the best avaiable players around them, because that increases the chances of them being in a winning team. The majority of the miscreants being either from Sydney or current Tahs is most likely just a coincidence, and the snitch would have snitched regardless of where the curfew breakers were from.

T

TOCC

If this is true that it was a Brumbies player, then i would say Moore, he has been vocal about players misdemeanours in the past by talking to the media about both Quades and JOC (James O'Connor)'s actions..

He even said recently that the senior players need to learn to take more leadership and that he/senior players should have helped Deans enforce discipline in the past.

But, if the other players are dirty on him for doing so then they need to pull their heads in and take ownership for their actions rather then whinging just because they were caught.. Dobbing in a mate isn't a good thing to do, but when those 'mates' actions have the chance to negatively impact on the wider team performance then its a different story.

T

Train Without a Station

To me it's not "dobbing". It's calling team mates out on not doing their job. Much like in a good team with high standards, they would if a player was bludging at training.

What sort of "mate" let's you prepare yourself to be at your absolute best, and doesn't ensure he is also in his peak condition for a rugby test match?

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
To me it's not "dobbing". It's calling team mates out on not doing their job. Much like in a good team with high standards, they would if a player was bludging at training.

What sort of "mate" let's you prepare yourself to be at your absolute best, and doesn't ensure he is also in his peak condition for a rugby test match?

like is not enough, we need a hear hear button.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Just saw the post game vision on the IQ replay.

No real clues there. There wasn't too much vision of the post game stuff, as Fox seemed to be in a hurry to cross to Paris for the Saffer/Frogge game.

One thing that I did note was that there wasn't a great deal of celebration from the Wobs. It was fairly low key all round.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Just saw the post game vision on the IQ replay.

No real clues there. There wasn't too much vision of the post game stuff, as Fox seemed to be in a hurry to cross to Paris for the Saffer/Frogge game.

The Aus v Ireland game, not the Scotland one.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I have it on good advice that it was 'Wally', the team mascot, who was the dobber in.
Apparently, he is in fact a high tech robot, that hops the corridors after midnight, with in built mini cam recorder transmitting directly to the ARU's security department at St Leonards.
Link had no choice when grilled by the ARU the next morning but to pursue the perps.;)

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I have it on good advice that it was 'Wally', the team mascot, who was the dobber in.
Apparently, he is in fact a high tech robot, that hops the corridors after midnight, with in built mini cam recorder transmitting directly to the ARU's security department at St Leonards.
Link had no choice when grilled by the ARU the next morning but to pursue the perps.;)

There were some big drunk lads stumbling in at 4:00 in the morning they probably woke half the hotel up let alone the coaches. Then it would have been suspect the next morning when fat cat had smashed the breakfast bar..

Phil

Chris McKivat (8)
If this is true that it was a Brumbies player, then i would say Moore, he has been vocal about players misdemeanours in the past by talking to the media about both Quades and JOC (James O'Connor)'s actions..

He even said recently that the senior players need to learn to take more leadership and that he/senior players should have helped Deans enforce discipline in the past.

But, if the other players are dirty on him for doing so then they need to pull their heads in and take ownership for their actions rather then whinging just because they were caught.. Dobbing in a mate isn't a good thing to do, but when those 'mates' actions have the chance to negatively impact on the wider team performance then its a different story.
He did say it was someone in a "position of authority" in the team.Surely this is Mowen?If you can believe Crowden,of course.

T

Train Without a Station

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/the-fitz-files/witty-banter-is-ok-but-threats-just-not-cricket-20131129-2ygs0.html

"Bravo, James Horwill. TFF heard a telling detail from an impeccable source this week, about the night the 15 Wallabies went AWOL in Dublin. That is that the former skipper went to the pub in question and at 11.45pm said to one of the Test players most at risk of blowing out, ''Time to come back to the hotel.'' That player declined, saying he wanted to stay out drinking. Horwill insisted. The player insisted on staying. Horwill picked him up and carried him out of the pub. And instead of getting blind, the said player was home safe in bed by midnight and played a blinder against Scotland."

Speculation on the player in question?

Status
Not open for further replies.