• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies (Including Overseas Players)

Status
Not open for further replies.

latrell247

Chris McKivat (8)
If the Wallabies were given the option to field a team including overseas players what would be your team lineup?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
We don't have that many high quality overseas players. The only ones able to crack a Wallabies squad at the moment would be Burgess, Giteau and Chisholm.

Giteau and Chisholm are actually playing really well and would be in the top 3 players in their teams I reckon but I don't think they'd fit into the current Wallabies side.

So only Burgess but Giteau would make my 22.

latrell247

Chris McKivat (8)
We don't have that many high quality overseas players. The only ones able to crack a Wallabies squad at the moment would be Burgess, Giteau and Chisholm.

Giteau and Chisholm are actually playing really well and would be in the top 3 players in their teams I reckon but I don't think they'd fit into the current Wallabies side.

So only Burgess but Giteau would make my 22.
What about Brock James? Do you think he'd do well?

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
Mark Chisholm is maybe one of the best with Bayonne but the team is pretty weak.
The only Aussies who could have the level to be Wallabies and are playing in France are Giteau and Burgess.
Brock James is now number 2 fly half behind David Skrela.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Mark Chisholm is maybe one of the best with Bayonne but the team is pretty weak.
The only Aussies who could have the level to be Wallabies and are playing in France are Giteau and Burgess.

It would have been great to see Brock back himself in Super rugby after his 1st or 2nd great year in France. Now he's 2nd in line, which in France isn't the biggest deal because it means you get a start every 2nd week but you'd still obviously rather play in the big ones.

He could still probably get a starting gig at the Force in the 10 jersey but probably not anywhere else.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
And word on how DHP is going? I hang to some bit of hope that the Force get him to come back one day.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
How many do we have playing in Japan right now?
I just noticed Dan Heenan is still running around with one of the top division sides, forgot that he is only 30.

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
And word on how DHP is going? I hang to some bit of hope that the Force get him to come back one day.

DHP is quite good yes. He could be a good asset for a the Western Force if he comes back down under.
Maybe Tala Grey as well who is often injured but pretty good every time he is on the field.

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
By the way Matt Giteau has renewed its contract with Toulon for two years... until the end of 2015

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
DHP is quite good yes. He could be a good asset for a the Western Force if he comes back down under.
Maybe Tala Grey as well who is often injured but pretty good every time he is on the field.

DHP and Grey hold the honour of being some of the very few products to come through Australia's smaller rugby states.

There success is a testament to Aussie rugby growing into non-traditional markets and it's a shame they don't ply there trade here.

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
DHP and Grey hold the honour of being some of the very few products to come through Australia's smaller rugby states.

There success is a testament to Aussie rugby growing into non-traditional markets and it's a shame they don't ply there trade here.

Where does Grey came from? I tought he was a Sydneysider

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Where does Grey came from? I tought he was a Sydneysider

Melbourne till 18, then Canberra for a year, then Sydney for 2 I think.

There's a commonly held belief in the Melbourne Rebels that a Melbournian has to go to Sydney to prove themselves before they get looked at.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)

There's a commonly held belief in the Melbourne Rebels that a Melbournian has to go to Sydney to prove themselves before they get looked at.
Sound very very similar to the wa policy

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Sound very very similar to the wa policy

The improving performance of Vic and WA at national U16 and open Schoolboys competitions is bringing some of the more talented players from these areas to the attention of the Scouts and agents. These are invariably based in Sydney or Brisbane.

The aspiring Vic and WA players gravitate towards the locations that agents and scouts are based because they feel that is the best "professional" move for their long term development.

Similar to the boy from [suburb] High School who is approached with an offer for a "subsidised" education at an elite private school.

A competitive first grade club competition that can attract and retain up and coming talented athletes in WA and VIC is still many years away.

Status
Not open for further replies.