• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies (Including Overseas Players)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Brock James is from Adelaide. He moved to Sydney to get a start as there was no high level rugby in Adelaide.
He is certainly not from NSW.
Thought he went to school at Scots in Sydney.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Brock James is from Adelaide. He moved to Sydney to get a start as there was no high level rugby in Adelaide.
He is certainly not from NSW.
Thought he went to school at Scots in Sydney.
The statements are not mutually exclusive.

He was selected for Australian U16s while at school in Adelaide, then got a sports scholarship to Scots.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
I see James Hildenbrand is now another from the rugby nursery that is Adelaide who has managed to obtain a professional rugby contract.
Adelaide, propping up the Australian and French rugby communities since 2008 8)

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
The statements are not mutually exclusive.

He was selected for Australian U16s while at school in Adelaide, then got a sports scholarship to Scots.

I'm pretty sure he then went back to Adelaide and played seniors, then played for Uni in Sydney.

Both states clearly have a stake.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Brock James definitely came over to Sydney for a short time when he was about 13. I played a couple of club games with him at Easts around that time.

Maybe he was just checking out Sydney (or maybe it was while he was being wooed by Scots) because he only seemed to be around for a couple of weeks.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Obviously enough to be considered a South Australian success story. You learn something every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.