• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies Squad - the Link Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky

Frank Nicholson (4)
Read an article from the courier mail twitter account saying that link has tossed AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to play 15 in the first test...thoughts?
This would obviously suit cooper as AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) could defend at 10 and allow a brumbies centre combination aswell. Would be a playing it safe tactic as mogg and folau don't have to much wallaby and even super 15 experience, so I wouldn't be suprised if this happens

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
The point is though it don't need to be justified. It don't need to be explained either.

Well I would prefer it was justified. Ultimately I would like to hear a coach's rationale behind selection decisions, especially controversial ones.

Otherwise it leaves a gap that people will fill with any wild explanations- thus you see unfounded accusations regarding off-field behaviour.

But that is just me being curious. Not sure if it is necessarily in the best interest of coach or player.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Read an article from the courier mail twitter account saying that link has tossed AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to play 15 in the first test.thoughts?
This would obviously suit cooper as AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) could defend at 10 and allow a brumbies centre combination aswell. Would be a playing it safe tactic as mogg and folau don't have to much wallaby and even super 15 experience, so I wouldn't be suprised if this happens

That seems to be speculation based on one press conference comment. I wouldn't read too much into it, I think Link would be crazy not to play AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 13.

If we start hearing that he has been training at 15 I will start to worry though.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Sio's form has been irresistible. Link has been talking up combinations ant the Brumbies front row may have been what he had at the forefront with this, along with Genia-QC (Quade Cooper) and Lilo - Kuridrani.
That Front row has been performing very well and the front row against the Lions with the inclusion of Benn R. less so. Slipper and Kepu are probably viewed as more effective replacements than Fat Cat. Anae will be a project at 2 and he will be very good come 2015.
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 15 makes a lot of sense as well.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Only if we have Horwill play 10, Izzy 7, Gill at 12, Lilo at Hooker and the Honey Badger playing scrum half.

I'm close to agreeing with you there, but I don't know if Horwell and the Honey Badger would combine too well.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
You are correct, because Alexander didn't play at loosehead. But what he HAS done is play at THP all year. He was picked there to do a job, and got snotted by the Lions, putting our whole set piece at a disadvantage for the rest of the game when we couldn't get a penalty despite Kepu pooching Corbisiero at various points and failing to get joy out of Twoite.

Therefore Robinson @ 1 > Alexander @ 3
Kepu @ 3 > Alexander @ 3

Pretty Dumb Quote ... Robinson didnt play 3

so Alexander @ 3 better then Robinson @ 3
Robinson @ 1 > then Kepu @ 1 and I might add
Alexander @ 1 > then Kepu @ 1

See makes no sense, Alexander started Loosehead for the Brumbies this season and did a fantastic Job with Palmer and I would suggest would have kept Sio on the bench if Palmer wasn't injured..

Benny A didn't have the greatest game in number 3 but was good in 1 and 2 and has played pretty friggen well since then.. It's now come to light as Link seeing Sio and Slipper as the 1's in the squad so Alexander and Kepu are battling it out for 3.

I like your passion but one game doesnt ruin a man.. His come back fighting give him some credit

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Pretty Dumb Quote . Robinson didnt play 3

so Alexander @ 3 better then Robinson @ 3
Robinson @ 1 > then Kepu @ 1 and I might add
Alexander @ 1 > then Kepu @ 1

See makes no sense, Alexander started Loosehead for the Brumbies this season and did a fantastic Job with Palmer and I would suggest would have kept Sio on the bench if Palmer wasn't injured..

Benny A didn't have the greatest game in number 3 but was good in 1 and 2 and has played pretty friggen well since then.. It's now come to light as Link seeing Sio and Slipper as the 1's in the squad so Alexander and Kepu are battling it out for 3.

I like your passion but one game doesnt ruin a man.. His come back fighting give him some credit
I think you might have missed the point of Pfitzy ' s quote. I might be wrong.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

I'm not so certain about that............

Alexander's scrummaging at loosehead was ok for the most part, but he's done a much better job on the other side.........

I think the Crusaders game was a turning point when Palmer was benched at half time and the Brumbies scrum performed stronger in the second half and you had two props getting around the field...........

I'm not suggesting Alexander is a better scrummager than Palmer, but Sio has been a major step up on the loosehead side and I think his rise might've seen one of the other two fight it out for a starting spot.........

Sio is more of the complete package of the three as he has the scrummaging prowess combined with a good workrate and impact around the field, and you only get one or the other out of Palmer and Alexander..........

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I'm not so certain about that....

Alexander's scrummaging at loosehead was ok for the most part, but he's done a much better job on the other side...

I think the Crusaders game was a turning point when Palmer was benched at half time and the Brumbies scrum performed stronger in the second half and you had two props getting around the field.....

I'm not suggesting Alexander is a better scrummager than Palmer, but Sio has been a major step up on the loosehead side and I think his rise might've seen one of the other two fight it out for a starting spot...

Sio is more of the complete package of the three as he has the scrummaging prowess combined with a good workrate and impact around the field, and you only get one or the other out of Palmer and Alexander....

Okay :) The one game I didnt watch this year.. But not how I saw it playing out if there werent the injuries.. Maybe I could have been wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.