• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies Tri Nations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
I really don't see the harm in giving him a week or 2 in club rugby. Giteau seems to be the one player excluded from all of Deans crazy experiments and changing selections. Even the great George Smith was dropped for Pocock when he had an off 20minutes in one game in 2009. Giteaus last 12months have been "off" yet he is still walking into the team.

Makes you wonder how real all the talk around the camp about competition for places is.

rsea

Darby Loudon (17)
The fact is they need Giteau on song at next years WC. They've obviously decided that the best way for him to regain form is to play rather than watch but it's turning into a game of chicken. What will come first? Deans overcome by community / media pressure to ditch him or Giteau returning to some kind of form. I think Deans left him with the goal kicking to help him with his confidence but it's now added to the problem. It's interesting but the reality is we need him

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
The reality is we need Giteau firing, in form and winning us matches - we don't need an out of form, has been, kicking us to defeat. No team needs that.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
I really don't see the harm in giving him a week or 2 in club rugby. Giteau seems to be the one player excluded from all of Deans crazy experiments and changing selections. Even the great George Smith was dropped for Pocock when he had an off 20minutes in one game in 2009. Giteaus last 12months have been "off" yet he is still walking into the team.

Makes you wonder how real all the talk around the camp about competition for places is.

I have to say I really disagree with regards to the King vs Pocock thing. Pocock was well and truly playing as good as George, and pushing for that spot; he's the developing player, you have to pick the successor when theyre playing as good as the predecessor to get them that experience.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I have to say I really disagree with regards to the King vs Pocock thing. Pocock was well and truly playing as good as George, and pushing for that spot; he's the developing player, you have to pick the successor when theyre playing as good as the predecessor to get them that experience.

DPK I agree. It is fair to say that was thebest piece of HR that Robbie has shown as Wallabies coach. That entire spring tour last year was a succession plan.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I think Deans left him with the goal kicking to help him with his confidence but it's now added to the problem.

And then managed to shoot that plan full of holes with the left side / right side experiment with Cooper. Urgh.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
For Quade's style of Rugger to work in the 3Ns he is going to have to stand a bit deeper that 5/8s usually do.

The trouble with this will be it will make it harder for him to get over the advantage line but the positives is it will give him more decision making time and a chance to do his little shimmy. Gitts also plays well with this extra depth as you might remeber particularly from the '08 Force.

Quade is a high risk, high reward player and if the Wobs want to use him to his fully ability they will have to play this way.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
For Quade's style of Rugger to work in the 3Ns he is going to have to stand a bit deeper that 5/8s usually do.

Why? If the pigs do their job, and he has the runner providing options, both close and wide, there is no need to him to stand deep.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

The trouble with this will be it will make it harder for him to get over the advantage line but the positives is it will give him more decision making time and a chance to do his little shimmy. Gitts also plays well with this extra depth as you might remeber particularly from the '08 Force.

Quade is a high risk, high reward player and if the Wobs want to use him to his fully ability they will have to play this way.

Nah .......... he needs to play on the advantage line, the team needs to give him runners to hit

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
I reckon Quade will ditch the miracle ball. If he doesnt, the Boks might get a big leg up.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I reckon Quade will ditch the miracle ball. If he doesnt, the Boks might get a big leg up.

I hope he has taken note of De-Villier's and Habana's propensity to charge up and look for the intercept of the wide ball from 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.