• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v All Blacks, Sat 27th October 4.45pm AEDT, Nissan Stadium, Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I am glad Genia’s useless defence gets noticed occasionally. Whilst he is head and shoulders above other options in attack, I would not have him in my team because of his defence. It’s not even about being able to tackle, it’s the fact he just watches blokes run past him and shows no desperation to even attempt to bring them down. It is as if he just concedes that he won’t be able to stop the try so he just gives up.
Might have something to do with the fact that he's regularly asked to play 70-75 minutes each match at 30 and he knows it.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
In a backline that includes Foley and Beale and to a lesser extent Folau and Kerevi, working in one of the most convoluted systems ever invented where the halfback never stop running to get to his next position Genia is the problem. You guys are hilarious.

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Definitely not saying Genia is the problem, just pointing out his poor attitude in defence.

The Wallabies problems run much deeper than that!

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
In a backline that includes Foley and Beale and to a lesser extent Folau and Kerevi, working in one of the most convoluted systems ever invented where the halfback never stop running to get to his next position Genia is the problem. You guys are hilarious.
Beale being a poor defender doesn't excuse Genia's misses. I don't think anyone is saying he's the sole problem, he's just been below his best the last few games and has made a few poor errors.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
if those guys could tackle Genia wouldn't spend so much energy covering their arses.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
if those guys could tackle Genia wouldn't spend so much energy covering their arses.

Yes. But I suspect the D strategy and positional shifts have something to do with it as well. Even though those issue seem to be tempering.

I also seem to recall some excellent D by Genia - more than we have any right to expect from the smallest WB on the paddock

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Oh for the good old days of a backrower "corner flagging".
That would stop Genia having to sweep, miss sometimes, and get criticised.

Ah yes, I remember it well. When I played eight, the order from the coach was to break for the corner flag in defence and provide cover for the backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.