• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v All Blacks, Sat 27th October 4.45pm AEDT, Nissan Stadium, Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Cruden was a good defending 10, so was Lord DC, BB is OK but not at their same level, oz wise yeah they haven't had a good defending 10 for over 15 years, last was surely Elton Flatley.. i also noticed that about marika being forced to run across more times than any other player, Foley defence can't be that bad?..

Larkham defended at 10 and was no slouch.........

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Mo'unga defends on the wing, and not particularly well either

I think it's easy to fall into the trap of shoving your 10 to the wing and then not developing their defensive skills at all. There'll be a lot of emphasis on improving catch-pass and kicking skills but it seems if you're deemed unable to defend then no further work is put into improving your tackling. Quade and Kurtley certainly don't look like they've ever really been taught any tackling technique.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
I think it's easy to fall into the trap of shoving your 10 to the wing and then not developing their defensive skills at all. There'll be a lot of emphasis on improving catch-pass and kicking skills but it seems if you're deemed unable to defend then no further work is put into improving your tackling. Quade and Kurtley certainly don't look like they've ever really been taught any tackling technique.
once these sort of guys injure their shoulders it really does seem like a major hurdle for them to trust it ever again.

The other part of it is there's such a large history of 10s ending up with concussion problems. There's a school of thought that you're better off keeping the smaller guys out of the firing line

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Also are they digitally imposed advertisements on the grass? Or is my tv spazzing out because they are not working at all and are very distracting.

Aurelius

Ted Thorn (20)
Also are they digitally imposed advertisements on the grass? Or is my tv spazzing out because they are not working at all and are very distracting.

They are digital - they appeared right after the anthems finished, I think.

Hey, it's Japan. I'll be surprised if the tee isn't run out by sexy androids.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
It’s super annoying. Aren’t the japs meant to be world leaders at that shit?

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
once these sort of guys injure their shoulders it really does seem like a major hurdle for them to trust it ever again.

The other part of it is there's such a large history of 10s ending up with concussion problems. There's a school of thought that you're better off keeping the smaller guys out of the firing line
QC (Quade Cooper) really suffered badly from this having 3 shoulder area injuries in under 12 months.

He really hasn't been at his best since

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Pretty happy with that half. Wallabies a bit hard done by at times by Poite but the defence has been much improved.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Closer at the half than i thought it might be. The Wobs still nearly butchered that try. But well done Sef

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm not sure how McKenzie playing the ball while on the ground at the ruck, right in front of Poite doesn't warrant a penalty?

Status
Not open for further replies.