• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v All Blacks, Saturday 19th August, ANZ Stadium Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I think it shows how soft our super set up is.
Everyone says how much he's grown up.
Then you have Meakes comes back and is really pressing for a spot he never got a look at before.
Maybe the whole squad needs to go to Europe to harden up a bit.
Ideally Meakes comes into 12 with Kurindrani at 13 and Beale drops back to 15. Folau is sent to the right wing and Speight is on the left. And then, wait hold the fucking phone, we wouldn't need to do a big line dance to change everyone's positions in defence. But why pick players in their proper positions when you can just needlessly complicate everything with thousands of moving parts?

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
The sad part is I can already see what is going to happen next week.
Cheika's thinking:
"The attack is good so we'll work on defence all week" - only to find out the attack is still poor and the All Blacks just took there foot off the pedal, and the Defence will only slightly improve with players like Kerevi hooked.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Ideally Meakes comes into 12 with Kurindrani at 13 and Beale drops back to 15. Folau is sent to the right wing and Speight is on the left. And then, wait hold the fucking phone, we wouldn't need to do a big line dance to change everyone's positions in defence. But why pick players in their proper positions when you can just needlessly complicate everything with thousands of moving parts?

Folau will get caught out on the wing again. He's poor defensively in the line.

Folau or Beale at fullback you can't have both.

Same as McMahon or Hooper - same shortcomings, same strengths. Pick one at 7 not both.

But can we please bring Fardy back - he is the only 6 in the country that balances out Hoopers game style.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
The all blacks have slackened off.

The wallabies look fine in attack (as I said earlier), but the defence is still non-existent since the allblacks are gifting us the ball.

They actually look much better with TK running hard and straight outside Beale. Kerevis test career is over.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
All good in Wallaby land. it was a brave performance and the boys fought back hard.

In All Blacks land they are absolutely seething at that 2nd half.

They will pound us into a pulp next week.

......... Oh and another thought. Bring back that Quade fella.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Folau will get caught out on the wing again. He's poor defensively in the line.

Folau or Beale at fullback you can't have both.

Same as McMahon or Hooper - same shortcomings, same strengths. Pick one at 7 not both.

But can we please bring Fardy back - he is the only 6 in the country that balances out Hoopers game style.
100% agree Folau will get caught out and Beale too probably (although seemed willing to put his body on the line tonight) but they're both going to be in the team whatever happens so I'd rather minimise defensive errors by tightening the midfield with Meakes and Kurindrani.

Fardy must be in the team. Most disappointing thing about Hanigan's performance tonight was that there were times he didn't look like he wanted to be there.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
And when needed. TK ran hard and straight in the No 12 spot as well. He is the only back over the past couple of years to consistently get over the gain line, but that's just not enough for some fans and obviously the coaching staff because he doesn't have "X" factor. And I haven't even mentioned his crucial role in the defensive line.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Sombody will come up with an idea of a player to try. Then another person will come up with that he's not test quality shit.

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
An entirely predictable result. Cheika has nowhere to hide with this one. He blamed the June series piss-poorness on fitness, and vicariously the super rugby coaches but this result is all his.

Ponderous selections, non-existent execution, diabolical skills, these are the things that have become the norm in the last two years.

This is as bad as anything dished up under Deans.

The post match comments of Hopper and Cheika were fucking deluisional.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I think it shows how soft our super set up is.
Everyone says how much he's grown up.
Then you have Meakes comes back and is really pressing for a spot he never got a look at before.
Maybe the whole squad needs to go to Europe to harden up a bit.
Well, if we step back and look at the state of things the reality is we are just delaying the inevitable where selection doesnt depend on playing club rugby in Australia.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Margin about what I expected. Completely outplayed in the first half, but showed some guts to come back after half time.

I at least liked the fact that we attempted to play an up tempo game to match the ABs. Unfortunately our skill level is way below theirs and it showed.

Unfortunately I expect us to struggle in the return match next week in Dunedin (at least it's not at Eden Park). I also assume from his presence with the flag that Nige will have the whistle next week.

EDIT: Nigel Owen confirmed as referee from the WR (World Rugby) website.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Hooper is an awesome athlete but I really do have to question if he has any back-row skills. Can't slow the ball down, make pilfers, clear out, counter ruck or jump in lineouts. Makes the odd good run and big hit but other than that he's useless.

Phibbs shouldn't be playing at super level. He can't pass. Makes no sense.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Clearly, you don't know how to read a situation. He was pissed and Phipps is dick whose done this before.

Thanks for the analysis on my abilities to read a situation. It's not warranted and not appreciated. Best leave that sort of stuff on the sidelines.

As to Hooper, as a captain he is entitled to question the decision of a referee, particularly when the offense is a clearly cardable one. Phipps's call was certainly not warranted or helpful, and Hooper could have acknowledged that with the referee. He didn't, instead he totally backed down and apologised to the ref, rather than engage in dialogue.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
A tweet from LL that sums it up...

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 280

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
And when needed. TK ran hard and straight in the No 12 spot as well. He is the only back over the past couple of years to consistently get over the gain line, but that's just not enough for some fans and obviously the coaching staff because he doesn't have "X" factor. And I haven't even mentioned his crucial role in the defensive line.

There needs to be balance. We had Foley, Beale, Kerevi and two wingers whose defense is suspect. Kerevi was horrible. Most of the time not taking his place in the line and then missing more than half his tackles when he did.
TK straightened the line in attack, directed it in defense and put his body on the line every minute he was on the pitch. He had some nice re-touches in attack. He is our 13. Should have always been.
Hopefully DHP and Naivalu are fit to start next week on the wings

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Some very forthright Tahs posters have been very noticeable by their absence though. Still, after some time to think of some alternative facts they will be here tomorrow saying it's all the fault of the players and the other four franchise coaches.
I'm guessing they're just at the game and not looking at the forums, to be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.