• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v All Blacks, Saturday 19th August, ANZ Stadium Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Not convinced by Damian McKenzie at 15. Aussies will definitely be putting their attacking kicks up for the likes of Folau and Haylett Hyphen Petty etc.

Funny my brother in law is over from NZ and said exactly same thing, I hope they do, young DMac is pretty handy under a high ball.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The suggestion from Payto that McMahon will start at 8 is interesting after the media from a couple of days ago suggested Timani was starting.

I kind of hope they both start and McMahon plays 6. I tend to think hitting them with everything we've got in the first half is most likely to pay dividends for us.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I'd go with :

Sio, TPN, Ala'alatoa, Arnold, Coleman, Hanigan, McMahon, Timani, Powell, Foley, DHP, Hodge, Kuridrani, Speight, Folau. Reserve bench - Moore, Faulkner, Kepu, Rodda, Hooper, Genia, Beale, Meakes.

But I know that Cheika's team won't be anywhere near as challenging as that.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Not convinced by Damian McKenzie at 15. Aussies will definitely be putting their attacking kicks up for the likes of Folau and Haylett Hyphen Petty etc.

And yet that didn't happen when the same players were going against the Chiefs in super rugby. If Dagg and Jordie are fit DMac is starting at 10 in the ITM cup this weekend. But he gets his chance. Hope he goes well and if he keeps the errors down I think he will be fine.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
The suggestion from Payto that McMahon will start at 8 is interesting after the media from a couple of days ago suggested Timani was starting.

I kind of hope they both start and McMahon plays 6. I tend to think hitting them with everything we've got in the first half is most likely to pay dividends for us.
Maybe the curve ball is that timani is at 6?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'd go with :

Sio, TPN, Ala'alatoa, Arnold, Coleman, Hanigan, McMahon, Timani, Powell, Foley, DHP, Hodge, Kuridrani, Speight, Folau. Reserve bench - Moore, Faulkner, Kepu, Rodda, Hooper, Genia, Beale, Meakes.

But I know that Cheika's team won't be anywhere near as challenging as that.

Doubtful considering Hooper is the captain. However, our captain has been on the bench recently so you never know.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
If it wasn't for the fact that Australian rugby is at it's lowest in, probably, forever i would say this is an excellent opportunity to get one over the Kiwis.

Dmac is a liability in defense aerially and in the tackle. There to be exposed. I'm amazed Sonny Bill has walked back in the team given the midfield depth the Kiwi's have and the fact that he's shoulder charged two blokes in two matches. A massive liability. He also got comfortably outplayed by Te'o in his last outing. I also don't rate Squires very highly as a replacement for Kaino.

Add to that some choppy form, particularly from Barrett, and you have a relatively weak All Blacks side (when compared to past All Blacks sides, not other teams).

I suppose All Blacks: $1.10 Wallabies: $7.00 is all you really need to know though.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
I'm smelling an upset! Pressure will mount on Chekia if we don't bridge the gap this series. An understrength ABs and Wallabies with a point to prove - bring it on!

Lee Enfield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Honestly, the whole Force/ARU debacle could galvanise the players and create a perfect moment in time where they pull off an upset in Game 1. I would not at all be surprised if the Wallabies pull off a 1-5 point victory. So much so, that I will put $20 on the Wallabies to win by 1-5.

After a win in Game 1, the normal programming will resume and the All Blacks will the next two by 20-30.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
3d680c479d4b36423fd4beefbbb020d9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.