• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v All Blacks, Saturday 19th August, ANZ Stadium Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Is this the highest representation of Pacific Islanders in a Wallabies team, 8 players, either born or whose parents were born in Tonga, Fiji or Samoa. Would have been 9 if Sefa Naiavaalu were fit as well

As a mildly interesting parallel, this would have to be one of the paler All Black outfits for a while. Certainly if you only consider the starting XV. I also believe that Tu'ungafasi is the only one not born in New Zealand.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Is this the highest representation of Pacific Islanders in a Wallabies team, 8 players, either born or whose parents were born in Tonga, Fiji or Samoa. Would have been 9 if Sefa Naiavaalu were fit as well

Couldn't care less where players come from. All welcome as Wallabies UNLESS they are not Australian citizens - not residents but citizens.

Otherwise play for their passport country. Good enough for our pollies (eventually)

T

TOCC

Couldn't care less where players come from. All welcome as Wallabies UNLESS they are not Australian citizens - not residents but citizens.

Otherwise play for their passport country. Good enough for our pollies (eventually)

settle down scrubber, it wasn't a dig at the players background at all, their selection is a positive reflection of the Pasifika influence in Australian Rugby at all levels.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
TOCC - I know it wasn't a personal crack at the PI lads. Heritage should never be forgotten.

Would love to know how many of those lads are Australian citizens .

Any idea ???

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
Pity Hunt injured as would have had otherwise 3 high profile ex league players playing for the wallabies. As I make no secret that I enjoy seeing talented league players successful in our game, as they have some fantastic athletes / footballers and more they are successful and encourage other young high profile league players into our game the better. Yes yes not ignoring grassroots but equally if they are good enough and bring bums on seats all for it.
Some excellent talent from league esp in the backs.
Rogers, tuquiri, sailor, barnes, walker, tahu(!), hunt, rona, folau, korebeti.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
TOCC - I know it wasn't a personal crack at the PI lads. Heritage should never be forgotten.

Would love to know how many of those lads are Australian citizens .

Any idea ???

Am guessing most if not all who've been here long enough. The advantages of visa free travel that the bigger passport brings alone is enough reason in most cases.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Given our dire lack of talent at the moment 'Professional Rugby Player' should be covered by the violently exploited 457 visa. Maybe then we'll get something out if.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Hi Guys, BringontheLOLs still here, still LOL'ing away at the Wallabies (eight years now since account first created? how time flies!). Anyway, tomorrow should be a classic wallaby comedy of errors, I think the TV channels will be categorising this as comedy rather than sports.

Cya tomorrow at 5:35pm with a new account. Bai!

You're an idiot mate. Kick off is 6pm New Zealand time.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Not arguing the point re the poster BH, but KO is at 8pm AEST which is 10pm NZ time. Am I missing some intricate point you were making?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Not arguing the point re the poster BH, but KO is at 8pm AEST which is 10pm NZ time. Am I missing some intricate point you were making?
Nope. Just a Friday afternoon brainfade. Thanks for the correction.

I guess anyone is interested can read this guy's posts for 2 and a half hours before the game starts.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Kev

Herbert Moran (7)
I'm thinking about finally attending a match but I don't know much about seating. What seats would you fellas recommend (see attached)? Bearing in mind price.

Attachments

• seating.png
    seating.png
    168.3 KB · Views: 185

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Strathfield. Only place I could find that was relatively cheap and could accommodate all if us.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
I'm thinking about finally attending a match but I don't know much about seating. What seats would you fellas recommend (see attached)? Bearing in mind price.
We didn't go platinum for the 1st for a Bledisloe, couldn't justify $200. We're in the corner in the gold section

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Strathfield. Only place I could find that was relatively cheap and could accommodate all if us.
There is only one bar outside the stadium which will probably be packed. Normally they have a temporary bar set up for big games like the Bledisloe which will presumably be open.

Alternatively just drink at a pub in Strathfield near the station (I think there are two right opposite it) and then jump on the train.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.