• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v All Blacks Saturday 26th August at Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
Was that at the lineout? I was pretty sure Simmons went off for Rodda and Arnold stayed on.

We definatly saw Simmons on the bench after that.

Having said that - stats sites have Simmons playing 80
There was some fuckup where they pulled Simmons but putup Arnold's number. Something about the teamsheet numbers not matching those on the backs.
Admin fuckup.
Commentary I had pointed it out

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
But was that it? If he's too high, and they drive through, surely he gets popped? Whereas the whole thing just backtracked.

He gets popped IF he tries to keep his feet where they are AND if the opposition drives him upwards.

If they drive him forward and he tries to reset, then he's moving his legs, which is hard to bind onto. As a lock, you either stay where you are and have two packs land on you, or try to also reset your feet, meaning you just lost, also.

Kepu packed low. Nonsense stopped.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Rocks and fucking diamonds with that guy.

Intercept, some good runs, but also his stupid attempted offload from the deck turnover to Aaron Smith when we were hot on attack earlier in the second half.

Folau had at least two turnovers, and he's so soft when running the ball and makes contact with the opposition (just goes to ground with no resistance). I also long for the days when Wallaby fullbacks could kick goals. There's no way he is the best #15 in Australia.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Was that at the lineout? I was pretty sure Simmons went off for Rodda and Arnold stayed on.

We definatly saw Simmons on the bench after that.

Having said that - stats sites have Simmons playing 80
Ok sorry then, my bad. I was sure I saw Arnold walking off top right of screen on the long shot, but I guess from the long view I could have fucked that up!

Lee Enfield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
So would seriously anybody be calling for coaching changes after that performance.

I was absolutely against Cheika being removed, and larkham being removed imo was not in question, but I would admit was on the grey should be removed.

After that performance I don't think anybody of sane mind would be suggesting a change in coaches..

At this point, this game is a bit of an anomaly and one swallow does not make it summer. I think the coaching staff should still be on the hot seat. Let's see how the Wallabies go against the saffas and argies before declaring the coaching staff safe, but this game was a step in the right direction.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
There was some fuckup where they pulled Simmons but putup Arnold's number. Something about the teamsheet numbers not matching those on the backs.
Admin fuckup.

Cheika mentioned it after the game, too.

T

TOCC

Alaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalatoa packing too high. As evidence:

Exhibit A: Bringing TPN on for Moore changed very little.

Exhibit B: Bringing Kepu shored things up noticeably.

Well Kiwis also changed their props at half time, that changed momentum somewhat and made Kepua job easier.. biggest issue was the underweight backrow

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Folau had at least two turnovers, and he's so soft when running the ball and makes contact with the opposition (just goes to ground with no resistance). I also long for the days when Wallaby fullbacks could kick goals. There's no way he is the best #15 in Australia.

Go on Mr Doug. Give Izzy one compliment. You can do it ;)

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
I just wish Chekia would stay in his seat, stop the arm waving and dramatic outrage and just show a bit of class. A shave wouldn't go astray either...

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I also long for the days when Wallaby fullbacks could kick goals. There's no way he is the best #15 in Australia.

giphy.gif

How many goal-kicking fullbacks compared to other positions have we had in the last 40 years?

T

TOCC

Admin fuckup.

That's what I thought, I saw Simmons on the bench..
Which means Arnold played 80mims, the most amount of time he has played this year in Super Rugby or Test

Status
Not open for further replies.