• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v All Blacks Saturday 26th August at Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Enfield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Cheika as head coach sets the standards and drives the culture. Cheika throws tantrums, blames the refs, super coaches and anyone else but himself. If the players see cheika taking no responsibility and accepting no accountability, why should they. I would argue that the wallabies are infected with a lack of responsibility and accountability and that has spread from the top down.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Cheika as head coach sets the standards and drives the culture. Cheika throws tantrums, blames the refs, super coaches and anyone else but himself. If the players see cheika taking no responsibility and accepting no accountability, why should they. I would argue that the wallabies are infected with a lack of responsibility and accountability and that has spread from the top down.

Surely bringing all the Super Rugby coaches together, sharing GPS data and laying down expectations in terms of workloads and fitness is taking responsibility and doing something about it.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
he's still blaming refs: that's our job.
His statement that we deserved to win was outrageous.

I don't disagree there at all.

I think his casual manner isn't good at a Wallabies level in press conferences. At the Tahs he could get away with it more and the 'matey' sort of banter he often had with journos and the frankness of his answers was often endearing.

With a lot more scrutiny at test level, he should play a straight bat more. Fronting up to a press conference and saying that you take full responsibility for the loss is probably the easiest way to shut it down and avoid getting yourself into trouble with journos and fans.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

Yeah but who knows how he acts behind doors. I mean, Eddie Jones is an absolute master of deflecting attention from his team. He does it differently, but who's not to say it isn't with the same intention?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Surely bringing all the Super Rugby coaches together, sharing GPS data and laying down expectations in terms of workloads and fitness is taking responsibility and doing something about it.

Are you serious BH?

I don't think you could be ,mildly, objectively critical of Chek even if Chek was a bloody axe murderer.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Are you serious BH?

I don't think you could be ,mildly, objectively critical of Chek even if Chek was a bloody axe murderer.

What would you suggest as the best way to fix it?

Have zero engagement with the Super Rugby coaches and figure that your job and responsibility only commences when the players are in Wallaby camp?

Lee Enfield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Yeah but who knows how he acts behind doors. I mean, Eddie Jones is an absolute master of deflecting attention from his team. He does it differently, but who's not to say it isn't with the same intention?

You may be right, but nothing I have seen from the outside looking in suggests that is the case.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Last sentence means exactly what it says, I talk to a lot of people in construction industry and for some reason a lot are leaguies (thought there are a lot of soccer fans especially amongst european origin workers), and when I trumpet the beauty of union it never fails to amaze me how many have said, union?The bloody Wallabies are hopeless, even their coach thinks they are unfit , even the refs hate , them etc etc . I just don't think he helps Aus rugby with these comments! Christ even Shag Hansen was saying he thought the Wallabies were a good team, and just had a bad game in the first test. My whole point is we all (and especially the Wallaby coach) need to be promoting the game in public, not trying to sound like whingers!

The constant stream of advice, covering all facets of the game (how it's played, how to act, how to show respect on some occasions but not on other identical occasions) from the ultimate arbiters of the game is always greatly appreciated.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
^^^Fined for not turning up to a post match press conference......there's a thought.
He also copped a fine for bagging the judiciary - $50k!

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
All people are different. there are those who keep their emotions deeply suppressed, those who are extremely outwardly expressive, and all levels in between, it's just personality types. If Cheika's histrionics in the coach's box is your biggest issue, you haven't been following what's going on in Australian rugby!

I do agree that carping about refereeing decisions is a bad look, as someone said earlier, leave that to us.

Lee Enfield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I have no problems with the emotion he shows on the coaches box during the game, it shows he gives a fuck. I do have a problem with the ref and player bashing, same goes for stiles. Bagging some players in public for poor performances whilst giving a free pass to other players for similar poor performances, is a not a good look.

Status
Not open for further replies.