• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Argentina @ CommBank Stadium 7.45pm Sat 15/07

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
Wait, just so I get this right, you're attributing Australia's defensive woes to Porecki? Sure, he's no Malcolm Marx around the park but he's efficient at lineout time and does his role during phase play well enough. I'm not sure who you would rather in his place? Here are our options:
- Faessler - 24yo uncapped player
- Uelese - poor bloke can't cop an injury free run, perennially underdone on the fitness front.
- FF (Folau Fainga'a) (Folau Fainga'a) - walking penalty magnet and has his own issues at lineout time.
- Lonergan - 100kg's dripping wet - good around the park but has his issues come set piece.
The weight nonsense with Lonergan doesn't fly as we all saw Deon Fourie come on and play well for the Boks and he's smaller than Lonergan. Please clarify these set piece issues he has? Brumbies scrum was no worse than any other Aussie team and Lineout was better than most

We just picked a team off the scales, how did that go?

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
The weight nonsense with Lonergan doesn't fly as we all saw Deon Fourie come on and play well for the Boks and he's smaller than Lonergan. Please clarify these set piece issues he has? Brumbies scrum was no worse than any other Aussie team and Lineout was better than most

We just picked a team off the scales, how did that go?
I would have had Lonergan there in front of Uelese. But both his scrum and throwing need work.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
For me Lonergan should be in the 23. Might not be the best at scrum time but his work around the field is excellent and he provides a genuine threat at the ruck.

I'm not sold on Hooper as 7. I think McReight offers more in nearly every aspect of the game, save for big game experience and leadership. Certainly Hooper's ability to affect turn over isn't what it use to be. It worries me that he's captain because it seems unlikely he'll be benched.

Last edited:

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Faessler should get a run this week. If Jones wants a big body he will probably be watching FF (Folau Fainga'a) closely on Friday.
McReight deserves a shot. Samu is not really a 7. Kemeny might be interesting. He has the speed.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
In a way Hoops being injured is a blessing (though obviously not for him). Like last year we were forced to try someone different at 7 and I'd say it mostly worked pretty well. What's Gleeson's status, still injured?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I was shocked he gave Hooper the captaincy, in essence the starting 7 position too. But I will be even more shocked if he starts McReight this week.

Gleeson if fit, Kemeny if not.