• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Barbarians - 1/11/14 (Twickenham)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Given all the turmoil, what do the Wallabies and Chieka want from this game? Given the new staff, this game is going to set the mood for the tour.

If Chieka can get the mongral into the forwards and get them taking the ball into contact at pace, I think he will be mad not to go with Genia and Cooper. They are the best combination when it comes to keeping the pack organised as one unit and the most threatening in attack. No disrespect meant to Foley and Phipps intended but they don't have what Genia and Cooper have when on song.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Reds locking combo was reinstated with Horwill specifically instructed to focus on playing hard with ball in hand while leaving others to focus on the grinding work. Alexander is a real problem for me. I see Kepu as a legitimate strong running option but this will take it's toll on his set piece as the game gets older. I would like to see a serious set piece TH on the bench to keep us solid later in the game.

This is what I want Cheika to bring also. Nothing gives me more pleasure on a rugby pitch than seeing the forwards running in like a pack of wild dogs and then spreading the ball to the backs after smashing the defence backwards. It's one of the reasons why I enjoyed watching the Tahs so much this year. Genia and Cooper with that kind of ball will create mayhem.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I wouldn't be surprised if the Reds locking combo was reinstated with Horwill specifically instructed to focus on playing hard with ball in hand while leaving others to focus on the grinding work. Alexander is a real problem for me. I see Kepu as a legitimate strong running option but this will take it's toll on his set piece as the game gets older. I would like to see a serious set piece TH on the bench to keep us solid later in the game.

you might need a Genie for that one. we don't have one. PAE looks like our best TH prospect.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Any idea what time (AUS time) this game will commence? Sunday morning or Saturday night?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Any idea what time (AUS time) this game will commence? Sunday morning or Saturday night?

I think it's 1:30am Sydney time on Sunday morning (Foxtel coverage from 1:15am).

That would make it just after midnight Qld time.

Next week against Wales should be exactly the same timing.

Reactions: BDA

TGFan

Stan Wickham (3)
The Foxtel guide (online) isn't showing it. There is a "Live: Rugby Special" on Sunday morning at 6:30 however. What is kick off time?

TGFan

Stan Wickham (3)
When I say "isn't showing it" above, I mean it wasn't listed in their programming at 1:30am. It doesn't specify what's on at 6:30 though.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
London is about 11 hours behind Sydney, so that will mean probably Thursday evening/night Sydney time.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
They are pricks foxtel. I recorded the Currie Cup final only to go and watch it to find fucking darts on.

fuckin A. The bloody golf went late, then they had some tour of a golf course, then tennis came on (don't know about darts)

All the while advertising the currie cup final. They could at least bloody run a banner across the bottom so I did not sit on my arse checking every five minutes, I could have done something else if I knew it was cancelled.

Shit, I only pay for all that bloody crap they show so i can watch the rugby.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
How did that happen? I watched it live and it was on FoxSports 2 from 1:55am to 4:00am as scheduled. Did they stuff up in QLD?

Status
Not open for further replies.