• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Fiji, 3pm Sat 10th June, AAMI Park, Melbourne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Some big surprises. Certainly not the strongest XV we can put on the park.
cd19f375d73e52702ddf5ecb6bd854ea.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Nice to see so many Rebels in the Wallabies side

They'll be on the bench to score the produce the late tries and highlights so they're the memories you leave the ground with.

It will be very interesting to see if Stephen Moore goes straight back into the 2 jersey and captaincy for the Scotland test or whether this is a bit of a changing of the guard.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I don't rate Hooper as a captain, so that will be interesting. No other options in that side at the moment.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Reactions: gel

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Wow, Khunt at 12..that didn't figure in any of the scenarios I ran. That said, 12 is the default position for a loigy having his first game of park rugby, so why not their first test too ;)

Most of the surprises of the 15 players we have seen at this stage is that they are in the starting side, but they were all pretty much on everyone's bench. Based on that I reckon the bench will be:

16. Moore
17. Smith
18. Kepu
19. Arnold
20. Timani
21. Powell
22. Cooper
23. Hodge

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
I'm pretty happy with that team. I don't actually think it's too far off our strongest side, particularly in the backs.

The two props and Carter are probably on the bench in our strongest side, for Sio, Kepu and Arnold, but it's not like there is anything really out of left field.

I agree the bench will look something like KOB has suggested although I reckon Koroibete might get a run at 23 on at least one of these three tests.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Wow, Khunt at 12..that didn't figure in any of the scenarios I ran. That said, 12 is the default position for a loigy having his first game of park rugby, so why not their first test too ;)

Big occasion for him.

Cheika might be seeing Hunt as a place holder there, but he has earned his call-up.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Big occasion for him.

Cheika might be seeing Hunt as a place holder there, but he has earned his call-up.

Yes. Sounds like a Beale stand-in. Less creative even though he does find holes, but his defence is way better. He more or less defends from that slot anyway at the Reds.

It's given me a spike of interest anyway.

I'm not as convinced by the pack even though its great to see Higgers get another shot.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
I don't rate Hooper as a captain, so that will be interesting. No other options in that side at the moment.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

I assume you mean "apart from the Captain of Australia's most successful Super Rugby side in 2017"?!

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Wow some surprises in that Wallaby team. I don't mind it though and really after the last 12 months some experimentation isn't a bad thing. With an eye towards 2019, Cheik really doesn't have much longer than this year to form the core of his side for the next RWC. Players will come and go of course, but we don't want to be working who is playing in the key positions in the year of the tournament, unless some superstar comes along demanding selection.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
:eek: or :D depending on what side you're on

The sad thing is swing,he maybe one of their better players!!
It tough enough for the Fijian team, but having vitually none of their Europeans players available is completely wrong!
I fully expect the Wallabies to win this by 60-80 points, as there is just too much difference in class.

Status
Not open for further replies.