• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Fiji, 3pm Sat 10th June, AAMI Park, Melbourne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I think we all anticipated these June tests to draw small crowds. I am scared to think about what the Italy test in Brisbane will draw.

Obviously the Super Rugby debacle has made it worse in Melbourne too.
I don't think it will draw me up from the Goldie.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
So, are any of you collective Rugby types up for a Beer either before or after the game? The Sporting Globe and the London Tavern have been suggested. Basic requirements: Beer, and the Lions v 'Saders on a big screen.

Who's in?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
They should make the Italy test in Brisbane free. Not many will turn up including me and mine. Rather save the $20 parking fee and buy a bottle of RED and flick the telly between the game and a re-run of Gilligan's Island

These mid year tests are just laughable, that is, except Scotland.

In some ways I'd love Scotland to win (as they probably should have a couple of times over the past few years).

The real test of the Wallabies will, once again, be against the AB's, SA and even Argentina

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I don't think it will draw me up from the Goldie.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Would you believe there is a big Jnr Development Rep day on the same weekend? My son has been chosen to play, which is great, but on the same weekend as the test!!! Seems ludicrous.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Would you believe there is a big Jnr Development Rep day on the same weekend? My son has been chosen to play, which is great, but on the same weekend as the test!!! Seems ludicrous.

No, not really. THey are still playing Dewar Shield this weekend. On a test weekend?

Sure the start times are different (9:30am, 3rd grade, HA!), but still I would have cancelled it for an arvo test. An evening is a different proposition.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Given Cheika's oft repeated proposition that he doesn't see a place for senior players who are not starters "because they don't need more training"
and his announcement of Moore as captain: what's going on?

Still looks like the captain to me!
DB1xIWMV0AE-Pcw.jpg:large

PJB81

Bob McCowan (2)
They should make the Italy test in Brisbane free. Not many will turn up including me and mine. Rather save the $20 parking fee and buy a bottle of RED and flick the telly between the game and a re-run of Gilligan's Island

These mid year tests are just laughable, that is, except Scotland.

In some ways I'd love Scotland to win (as they probably should have a couple of times over the past few years).

The real test of the Wallabies will, once again, be against the AB's, SA and even Argentina

Whats even more ridiculous is that on the day of the Italy test the 24th of June there is a massive junior Rugby Union carnival being held on the Gold Coast. There are teams coming from all over the South East (Brisbane, Ispwich, Toowoomba, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast & Northern NSW) 200 teams in total from u6 through to u14. The above people are surely the core audience the ARU are trying to attract.

The point being does anybody from the ARU check what is happening within their core demographic when scheduling tests? I honestly reckon there would a few thousand people at this carnival who would go to the test if it wasn't for this carnival.

I know there have been a number of "how stupid are the ARU" comments coming from our club.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Whats even more ridiculous is that on the day of the Italy test the 24th of June there is a massive junior Rugby Union carnival being held on the Gold Coast. There are teams coming from all over the South East (Brisbane, Ispwich, Toowoomba, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast & Northern NSW) 200 teams in total from u6 through to u14. The above people are surely the core audience the ARU are trying to attract.

The point being does anybody from the ARU check what is happening within their core demographic when scheduling tests? I honestly reckon there would a few thousand people at this carnival who would go to the test if it wasn't for this carnival.

I know there have been a number of "how stupid are the ARU" comments coming from our club.

which one?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

When was the Test scheduled and when was the carnival scheduled? Easy to assume it's the ARU's fault (probably is) but it cuts both ways.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
You'd think given the angle that this photo was taken by someone not official, they're probably (hopefully) just getting ready for the proper one.

EDIT: it was originally tweeted by Natalie Yoannidis from Fox

PJB81

Bob McCowan (2)
When was the Test scheduled and when was the carnival scheduled? Easy to assume it's the ARU's fault (probably is) but it cuts both ways.

The City v Surf carnival is an annual event held at the same time each year. First Saturday of the 2nd term school holidays, i believe this is the 4th year of its existence. It just surprises me that the ARU dont do any due diligence

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
The City v Surf carnival is an annual event held at the same time each year. First Saturday of the 2nd term school holidays, i believe this is the 4th year of its existence. It just surprises me that the ARU dont do any due diligence
You may be Robinson Crusoe with that one!! :D

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It is the City v Surf https://www.facebook.com/City-vs-Surf-Australias-largest-junior-rugby-carnival-165568993789542/

Its promoted as Australia's largest junior rugby carnival

promoted as such.

It looks fairly loose in terms of event.

I think the onus is definitely on these guys, not the ARU, to check on conflicts. It looks like they announced dates on 14 Feb this year whereas the ARU announced details of these tests in November last year.

And whoever organised it did't realise there is a significant U12 Jnr Rugby carnival in Brisbane on the same weekend!

PJB81

Bob McCowan (2)
promoted as such.

It looks fairly loose in terms of event.

I think the onus is definitely on these guys, not the ARU, to check on conflicts. It looks like they announced dates on 14 Feb this year whereas the ARU announced details of these tests in November last year.

And whoever organised it did't realise there is a significant U12 Jnr Rugby carnival in Brisbane on the same weekend!

The carnival has been the same day as i said first day of 2nd term school holidays every year. Plenty of u 12 teams coming from Brisbane for this day. Our club in the 12's is scheduled to play Caboolture, Brothers & Sunnybank

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
some observations.

- there's clearly a 'fro-off going on.
- Larkham please remove your hat for the photo.
- reserve hooker taking pride of place front and centre!

Also is it weird that we've put all of the........ um........ darker......... members of the team in the back row together?

I mean it might be an 'islander unity' move by them, but it looks strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.