• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Leicester Tigers

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Ok, so we're about 5 days away from this game. Now we know the test team, what do we reckon will be the line-up for that one? Just filling in the gaps I guess, and it will depend on injuries and game time this weekend.

I reckon:

15 Peter Hynes
14 Rod Davies
13 Pat McCabe
12 Anthony Fainga'a
11 Lachie Turner
10 Berrick Barnes
9 Luke Burgess
8 Richard Brown
7 Matt Hodgson
6 Scott Higginbotham
5 Rob Simmons
4 Van Humphries
3 Salesi Ma'afu
2 Huia Edmonds
1 Ben Daley

16 Saia Fainga'a
17 James Slipper
18 Dean Mumm
19 Pat McCutcheon
20 Nick Phipps
21 Kurtley Beale
22 Luke Morahan

Beale and Barnes to split the game at 10. Hodgson skipper perhaps, or I guess Barnes or Burgess.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
Reg. I think Edmonds might be on the bench and Fainga'a starting but the rest looks about right to me?

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Looks pretty accurate RR,

Does anyone in the UK know whether the game will be shown on Wednesday night in the UK, on any channel?

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
Looks pretty accurate RR,

Does anyone in the UK know whether the game will be shown on Wednesday night in the UK, on any channel?

It's Tuesday night at 7.30pm in the UK at Welford Rd. I don't think anyone has actually confirmed any TV coverage at yet. Maybe justin.tv?

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
good young side set to learn a few things and Patty McCabe!!!

does this count as a proper wallaby?

because its Huge for my school

with Patty McCabe basically there, Johnno Owen improving and Bernard Foley flying through in sevens, Aloysian Rugby is reaching its golden years.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I have a feeling that morahan will get some decent game time. Deans has stuck with him so he must see something in him he wants to build on.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
I heard a rumor that Leicester will use their traditional A-O lettering scheme instead of numbering the jerseys 1-15. Can anyone confirm this?

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
I heard a rumor that Leicester will use their traditional A-O lettering scheme instead of numbering the jerseys 1-15. Can anyone confirm this?

Good. They actually have small letters on the jerseys even still; but it would be an excellent touch if they had the letters on.

That's the thing about the Tiggers; they're the filth of Satan, but you do respect them. Can't like them, and no-one does, but you do respect them even while you'd happily raze Welford Road to the ground, plough it with salt, sell the fans into slavery and crucify the team along the length of the Fosse Way...

M

macg101

Good. They actually have small letters on the jerseys even still; but it would be an excellent touch if they had the letters on.

That's the thing about the Tiggers; they're the filth of Satan, but you do respect them. Can't like them, and no-one does, but you do respect them even while you'd happily raze Welford Road to the ground, plough it with salt, sell the fans into slavery and crucify the team along the length of the Fosse Way...

:lmao:

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
That was one of your best T78. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

It's Tuesday night at 7.30pm in the UK at Welford Rd. I don't think anyone has actually confirmed any TV coverage at yet. Maybe justin.tv?

It's on ESPN in the UK as dobber mentioned:

http://tvlistings.guardian.co.uk/text-only/?tvgDayOffset=4f&tvgBroadcaster=UKSkyCable&tvgRegion=London&tvgFlagFilter=&tvgChannelName=ESPN

.... but how you get Justin TV or any similar internet TV site to watch it is a mystery to me. It's not on ESPN in Oz.

As Bru who lost his car mentioned: MyP2 has a listing of future rugby on the internet events but listings for the current week end on the 8th as per ......

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/forums/40-Rugby?s ..... and the game is on the 9th.

Anybody know of a link that lists future rugby games or other sporting events, so you don't have to shop around googling and hope to luck out that something is on at the moment?

And even if there is no schedule available, which are the internet sites where you are able to watch sporting streaming stuff and not have to be a rocket surgeon to access it? Sometimes I have a go at investigating places and all they have is canned stuff.

Nusadan posted this on the other thread:

Not sure if this website has been posted before here:

http://www.fromsport.com/

Click on 'other' to find rugby matches...

That is good but there's not a lot listed. I tried it out yesterday and was watching the ITM final on it whilst I had it on TV through FoxSports and they were only a few seconds apart. The website show was the Sky Sports coverage and Justin Marshall and Sean Kirkpatrick were doing the post game stuff from the studio.

Any other similar websites that folks have actually used and found easy to do so?

Thanks.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
PS T78

Can you please call the stadium and find out if there is going to be anybody broadcasting the Munster v.Wallabies game and if so, who.

Tell them there's a Munster craic in Sydney hanging out for the answer.

If not we may have to send Gagger over there - sober or not.

Thanks. PS Don't bother dobber has the info.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
If it is televised live in any shape or form in any part of the world it will be available on line.
Most of the links pop up at or around kick-off.
I'll post them as I see them.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
same i have a particular stream I use on justin tv alot and will pm it to anyone who wants it, he has espn and sky sports so the Tigers game should definetly be on there will search around for other broadcasts aswell

Found this aswell about the munster game:http://www.livesportontv.com/rugby-union
Tuesday 16th November
20:00
Munster v Australia
Autumn International Friendly RTE Two (19:45-22:00 Ireland only)

If this is true then both are being televised and should have streams on JTV

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Thanks dobber.

PS - that is a good list of future rugby broadcasts I didn't know about. I'm jotting that one down.

We are getting a bit more informed than we were last year aren't we folks?

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Pity though - being the eyes and ears of the aussie rugby world was a thrill at Gloucester...

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
surely barnes will captain and shoot himself into the starting line up for england, ala quade cooper in 09.

Status
Not open for further replies.