• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Leicester Tigers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Sorry I meant while he was with the wallabies.

He didn't really get the ball in the match against the AB's also Gits was 10 so he wasn't helped by that

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Sorry I meant while he was with the wallabies.

He didn't really get the ball in the match against the AB's also Gits was 10 so he wasn't helped by that

I still think that 10. Cooper 12. Fainga'a will form a great Wallabies partnership, if they ever get the chance to combine at test level.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I think Gits on the bench is saying something about his status within the team. The new superstars JOC (James O'Connor), KB (Kurtley Beale), QC (Quade Cooper) etc get a rest, but Gits has to front up. Any of the aforementioned three could have covered 10/12.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
And the rumour is that both Castrogiovvani and Ayerza are going to be available for Leicester :(

I doubt it as they will be playing against each other for Italy and Argentina respectively the following day. It will be interesting to watch because one is a LHP and the other a THP.

Nor will 3. Cole who made Woodcock look like a myth at HQ yesterday be playing. One of the LHPs, Stankovitch, may play but good props are not usually risked except in real matches, or what they may think of as real, and he is a good prop. That is all good news for the Oz props though Leicester will probably wheel out Julian White who still has a few tricks.

As well as Cole they won't play other players in the England 22 either: 6.Croft, 9. Youngs and 10. Flood. 15. Amorosino and 11. Agulla should be cotton-woolled by Argentina, and the elder Tuilagi, a winger, by Samoa - but they played on Friday; so who knows?

England squad hooker Chuter may play and so may 8. Thomas "The Tank" Waldrom, 14. FFAB Scott Hamilton, 15. Girvan Dempsey (smarting for being excluded from the Ireland squad), 13. Hipkiss, who is back from injury, 12 Allen who has played a few games for England but I don't rate him, 6/8 Crane and Kiwi 6/7 Craig Newby, who we all know. They have also rented old scrummie Jason Spice for a few weeks so he may get a run, as may Steve Mafi.

Leicester have a problem at flyhalf with Flood not being available and his backup Staunton is out for a few months. They have a young bloke called Twelevetrees filling in and though he has skill in many areas and has potential, he has only started in a few games for the Tigers and is really a 12 anyway. They should target him. There is a chance that George Ford, the son of the England defence coach, may play flyhalf but he's in their development squad and he's only 17.

The younger Tuilagi, Manu, is an up and comer and England is very interested in him even though he had visa problems recently. I've only seen bits of the 19 y.o. but he's very good.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
I think Gits on the bench is saying something about his status within the team. The new superstars JOC (James O'Connor), KB (Kurtley Beale), QC (Quade Cooper) etc get a rest, but Gits has to front up. Any of the aforementioned three could have covered 10/12.

Yeah, that blew me away. A pretty strong message

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Lee 15. Girvan Dempsey - do you mean Geordan Murphy by any chance lol

With regards to Ford and Tuilagi (manu),

Ford is Englands next great hope at 10, i have played against him a few times both at school and academy level. He played for our undefeated u18 team when he was 16 and has been chosen for the U20's whilst still 17. He is very composed, runs well, tackles well, passes well, tactical kicking is a strong point as is his goal kicking. Basically he is very well rounded and a good leader aswell. A much better version of Charlie Hodgson with better defensive work.

Tuilagi is a beast, very strong quick and can tackle like a cannon. Played against his school in a sevens tournament and he absolutely stiff armed a friend of mine was so funny. Huge quads as well. He is also much more skillful than any of his brothers. Oh yeah and btw he wants to play for England

Ford is 10 in this video Tuilagi is 11 but playing on the right, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfJHQ3aG-5o

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
The 11 for Scotland is rapid

No 13 for England is the current London irish wing who has scored about 6 tries this season

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Lee 15. Girvan Dempsey - do you mean Geordan Murphy by any chance lol

He's the bloke - old Girvan is retired so I don't know where his name came from - but it was nearly midnight and it was all off the top my head stuff.

Sounds like you have a pretty good rugby pedigree yourself dobber.

I saw Ford come off he bench once for Leicester and the commentators were rabbitting on about him, but you think that he's England next big hope? Wow. I hope that he doesn't get the pressure of expectation on him that so many teenage players in all sports get.

The Leicester team isn't announced as I write this but they won't be in the best of moods having lost the last two. I didn't think that Crane or Hipkiss would be back in time for the Oz game but they played on Friday and that will make a big difference at this level if they play.

They will be a big test for our dirt trackers. Our Oz A teams always look good on paper but some of their performances in recent years (apart from 12 months ago) have been poor and they were a limited team when I saw them in Gosford a few months ago.

But let's see. In this game and the Munster one the best performers will be fighting for a spot in the 22 against Italy as some rotation takes place; so they have that goal to urge them on.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
PS T78

Can you please call the stadium and find out if there is going to be anybody broadcasting the Munster v.Wallabies game and if so, who.

Tell them there's a Munster craic in Sydney hanging out for the answer.

If not we may have to send Gagger over there - sober or not.

Thanks. PS Don't bother dobber has the info.

Speaking of which; tell Gagger to grow a fecking pair and get over here for it. Blouse.

S120

Chris McKivat (8)
It will be very interesting to see/hear how Humphries goes. If he puts in a strong performance I wouldn't be surprised to see him named in the 22 to take on England. And Deans has so much love for Rod Davies, if he shows something against the Tigers I reckon there is a strong chance we'll see him named as well. Though whoever he replaces (be it Mitchell in the XV or even Turner on the bench) someone will be very stiff to miss out.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I'm a bit surprised at Slipper starting. Aren't we really going to need him in a few days? Having Edmonds and Fanger back up will be interesting, too. At least one, if not both, might have to play 3 times in a week.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
I'm a bit surprised at Slipper starting. Aren't we really going to need him in a few days? Having Edmonds and Fanger back up will be interesting, too. At least one, if not both, might have to play 3 times in a week.

I'd suspect Edmonds to play as much of the 80mins as practical... Then Deans to again go with the Moore/Fainga'a line up again for England assuming Moore recovers

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
It will be very interesting to see/hear how Humphries goes. If he puts in a strong performance I wouldn't be surprised to see him named in the 22 to take on England. And Deans has so much love for Rod Davies, if he shows something against the Tigers I reckon there is a strong chance we'll see him named as well. Though whoever he replaces (be it Mitchell in the XV or even Turner on the bench) someone will be very stiff to miss out.

I think the reason Davies isn't playing already is that he has a lot to learn in defence. The current back three aren't exactly poor, that they need to be replaced.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
I think the reason Davies isn't playing already is that he has a lot to learn in defence. The current back three aren't exactly poor, that they need to be replaced.

Davies would not have travelled if Deans viewed Davies defence as a liability. I think it is more a case of playing/training his way into the team in the same boat as Hynes and Turner. Though I think one of the 3 will need a massive mid week game to displace one of the current back 3.

T

TheTruth

Suppose he needs a crack at run-on - probably only play a half and then swing Dales on at LHP - hope the big fella Maafu can go 80 otherwise in trouble. Great to see Simmo and Higgers get their shot

T

TheTruth

can anybody point me in right direction for tommorows game - live stream etc and what time is the game ????? Thanks

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I doubt [Castrogiovanni and Ayersza will be named ] as they will be playing against each other for Italy and Argentina respectively the following day. 15. Amorosino and 11. Agulla should be cotton-woolled by Argentina, and the elder Tuilagi, a winger, by Samoa.

They have a young bloke called Twelevetrees filling in and though he has skill in many areas and has potential, he has only started in a few games for the Tigers and is really a 12 anyway. They should target him.

No news of the Tigers team yet but it is confirmed that the 5 internationals mentioned above will be excluded. It is also confirmed that 12Trees will be playing though whether as a 10 or 12 is uncertain.

Status
Not open for further replies.