• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Leicester Tigers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
There is a chance that George Ford, the son of the England defence coach, may play flyhalf but he's in their development squad and hasn't turned 17 yet !!

Can someone get him to ask his dad whether the rugby over the weekend was test rugby enough for him? The type with few tries, lots of poor kicking and all the grunting and groaning?

After the comments he made last week I bet he was wetting himself even though England lost.

"The Blacks beat us, but at least they did it playing real rugby instead of all that try scoring bullshit."

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Yeah glad he was right. If there's one thing I'm sure we all hate, it's seeing tries get scored in fast, entertaining games...

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Ford won't know what you're talking about, Blue. According to him no games of rugby were played on the weekend.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Yeah, because those nasty All Black players breaking down his defensive systems apparently aren't playing test rugby. They must be cheating. Or something...

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Leicester Tigers (v Australia, Welford Road, Tuesday 7.30pm)
0 Geordan Murphy (c)
N Scott Hamilton
M Matt Smith
L Anthony Allen
K Manu Tuilagi
J Billy Twelvetrees
I James Grindal
A Peter Bucknall
B George Chuter
C Julian White
D Ed Slater
E George Skivington
F Thomas Waldrom
H Craig Newby
G Jordan Crane

Replacements
P Rob Hawkins
R Gaston De-Robertis
S Steve Mafi
T Ben Pienaar
U Jason Spice
V George Ford
W Dan Hipkiss

Looks a fairly strong team, Manu is such a legend, I hope he trucks Rod Davies

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
We will see how our forwards go tonight and whether any lessons were learned on saturday. With that pack we won't have it easy. Waldrom and Newby are good and the experts (Lee et al) say the front row knows what they are doing.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
As we have discussed the Leicester players will be playing with letters on their backs. (Shades of Link McKenzie using that idea in the Rotohama Challenge years ago.)

Just to put some numbers on the position they will be playing:

15. Geordan Murphy (c)
14. Scott Hamilton
13. Matt Smith
12. Anthony Allen
11. Manu Tuilagi *
10. Billy Twelvetrees *
9. James Grindal *

1. Peter Bucknall *
2. George Chuter
3. Julian White *
4. Ed Slater
5. George Skivington
6. Thomas Waldrom
7. Craig Newby
8. Jordan Crane

Replacements
2. Rob Hawkins *
1/3 Gaston De-Robertis *
4/5/6 S Steve Mafi *
8. Ben Pienaar *
9. Jason Spice *
10. George Ford *
13. Dan Hipkiss

Just about the mix expected.

1. Stankovich is injured and 1 Ayerza (Argentina), 3. Cole (England) and 3. Castrogiovanni (Italy) are with their squads. Therefore the Oz front row won't have such a torrid time as it would have been facing a regular Leicester front row though 3. Julian White, who must be close to 40, could have a few tricks.

Leicester, like all Euro clubs play a lot of games and you could say that they have 25 players who start on a regular basis taking into account injuries and rotation.

* The names with an asterisk are not regular starting players though 10. 12 Trees may become one because of the unavailability of others.

As mentioned earlier watch out for 19 y.o. winger Tuilagi and 17 y.o. reserve flyhalf Ford who are considered to be future England players.

T

tommy_wallabies

Leicester V Wallabies

Been looking for a way to catch this game in Oz - had to dig deep but just found out Premiershiprugby.tv is showing the game live. It costs 99 cents to watch so not a bad shout. will be good to see what the rest of the squad can offer. Leicester aren't a bad side either - fairly indifferent form this year, but still current domestic champs in England. come on Aus!

T

tommy_wallabies

Premiershiprugby.tv just confirmed coverage - only official coverage I think...

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Welcome aboard tw

Thanks for the tip. I went to their website and it's not on the schedule. Do you have a link to the Oz game?

How to you pay the 99 cents - by credit card or do you have to set up an account beforehand?

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Off the wires:
Jetlagged Wallabies hooker TATAFU POLOTA-NAU is a chance of shaking out the cobwebs in Australia's midweek clash with English club Leicester.
He hasn't been named in the 22 for the match but could get a run as coaching staff are keen to look at solutions in the scrum.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
I'm starting to think Deans hates TPN and wants him out of the sport. Either that or he thinks he's superman.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
yeh he is the guy I use T78 but im not sure if he will broadcast the Munster game

Also people who will go on justin tv don't look for him on JTV just type it into google and his channel will come up

Oh and BTW its Twomintpork just so you don't get it wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.