• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Pumas, Bankwest (Parra), Sat 5th December

dru

Tim Horan (67)
He is definitely the form 10... having not played in over six weeks.

Well that requires considering the best option, which is apparently Hodge. Consider skillsets and yes. 6 weeks is not the issue here.

Retain Hodge at 10 if D is more important than play and distribution. Hodge should start. Not at 10 if JOC (James O'Connor) is fit.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Hodge is fine and all but we couldnt score a single try against a knackered Argentina with all the territory and possession. Id really prefer a full timer....

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
I’d keep both JOC (James O'Connor) and Hodge in the mix at flyhalf depending on what team they are playing and who is at 12. Say To'omua is at 12 you would slot JOC (James O'Connor) in flyhalf to balance the defence. JOC (James O'Connor) doesn’t like to tackle and plays deep. To'omua is an attacking playmaker and controls the backline. Say you have Paisami at 12, I would play Hodge at flyhalf as he is more structured and pushes in attack which suits Paisami’s style of play. Both Hodge and To'omua’s clearance kicking is better in our 22 than JOC (James O'Connor) and Paisami so you need one of them on the field.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Sounds like AAA will start at 3 and the backline will be 9. White 10. JOC (James O'Connor) 11. Wright 12. Paisami 13. Petaia 14. Koroibete 15. Hodge.

I like it a lot.

I’d keep both JOC (James O'Connor) and Hodge in the mix at flyhalf depending on what team they are playing and who is at 12. Say To'omua is at 12 you would slot JOC (James O'Connor) in flyhalf to balance the defence. JOC (James O'Connor) doesn’t like to tackle and plays deep. To'omua is an attacking playmaker and controls the backline. Say you have Paisami at 12, I would play Hodge at flyhalf as he is more structured and pushes in attack which suits Paisami’s style of play. Both Hodge and To'omua’s clearance kicking is better in our 22 than JOC (James O'Connor) and Paisami so you need one of them on the field.

Interesting thoughts there Robs. I still see Hodge as a placeholder through necessity though no doubt, as JOC (James O'Connor) has done, he could build into a very good 10 if given the opportunity. Results were we did not cross the line. So in this (for me) must win match, we need an already well developed playmaker at 10.

The BH backline works for me.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
I like it a lot.

Interesting thoughts there Robs. I still see Hodge as a placeholder through necessity though no doubt, as JOC (James O'Connor) has done, he could build into a very good 10 if given the opportunity. Results were we did not cross the line. So in this (for me) must win match, we need an already well developed playmaker at 10.

The BH backline works for me.
Hodge at fullback is the best option when JOC (James O'Connor) at flyhalf and Paisami at 12. If we can pull JOC (James O'Connor) up into attacking play then the dynamics change.

Reactions: dru

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
JOC (James O'Connor) is clearly our best option for 10 right now so he should replace Hodge. Hodge has been playing really well though and Banks hasn't so moving him to fullback makes sense.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
2nd half.PNG

interesting state here.

So let's start with our rock solid team and be prepared to bring our party boys on in the 2nd half - thats Tupou, Valetini, McDermott, Daugunu and go all out then.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I’d like to see Valentini start at 6 and a bench of

Uelese, Bell, TT, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), McReight, McDermott, Lolesio, Maddocks.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
WALLABIES (1-15): Scott Sio, Brandon Paenga-Amosa, Allan Ala'alatoa, Rob Simmons, Matt Philip, Ned Hanigan, Michael Hooper (c), Harry Wilson, Nic White, James O'Connor, Marika Koroibete, Hunter Paisami, Jordan Petaia, Tom Wright, Reece Hodge
Reserves: Folau Fainga'a, Angus Bell, Taniela Tupou, Lukhan Salakaia-Loto, Rob Valetini, Jake Gordon, Irae Simone, Tom Banks

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Solid team and no real surprises.

With JOC (James O'Connor) back and Hodge the backup 10, Lolesio isn't needed so more benefit from having a backup centre.