• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Pumas - Saturday 17 September, nib Stadium Perth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
And its not like everyone out there was a step above. Cooper was the best of times, the worst of times. But we won, so fuck it.

He is starting to over play his hand a bit. Last week was very solid with some nice straight up tackling and good distribution. This week he regressed a little to trying to make something spectacular happen with every involvement, which did on 3-4 occasions.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Ah, fucking NO.

Foley cleaned up several balls that others left behind. He made mistakes, including missing a fairly easy conversion and the tackle on Tuculet, but he saved our arse on more than one occasion, and played link man or took the pressure off by going to the line on several more.

If you were picking a victim for our backline right now, Folau would come ahead of any of the other starters tonight IMHO.

I'm putting 10$ on Kellaway getting his first cap early next year.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Don't expect this kind of form to continue especially as he begins to learn how to run off Quade and builds that combination.

Running off Quade is going to help with a shitty offload at Kerevi's ankles in a metre of space while falling over?

Running off Quade is going to help him lose the ball in contact?

Running off Quade is going to fix his confidence in all areas other than running off Quade?

He's trying too hard. Moving to centre isn't going to fix shit hands and shit decision making. He's always been a poor passer and average kicker, but he needs to just have a word to his mate Jesus about relaxing and being Israel Folau.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Needs to play at 13 to get him more in the game

Not with his brain where it is. If it was him running that ball that DHP scored off, we wouldn't haev scored that try. Glen Ella said on twitter that Folau looked disinterested. I just think he's squeezing the pickle a bit tight.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Needs to play at 13 to get him more in the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this stage, no, he really doesn't. I have doubts he is up to the organisation of defence at 13. I agree with Pfitzy that he's down on confidence. I don't see a move to 13 helping that at all. We have options there apart from him.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Ah, fucking NO.

Foley cleaned up several balls that others left behind. He made mistakes, including missing a fairly easy conversion and the tackle on Tuculet, but he saved our arse on more than one occasion, and played link man or took the pressure off by going to the line on several more.

If you were picking a victim for our backline right now, Folau would come ahead of any of the other starters tonight IMHO.

Wouldn't pick a victim, backline performed pretty well! Genia the obvious stand-out. Everyone else mixed but more good then bad.

Foley i'll take your assessment as being mostly positive without being outstanding. Although he's not in that key role anymore so you don't expect that anymore

DHP I'm a bit mixed on and will have to watch the replay. I recall that beautiful try but also a few mistakes.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Why not?? The defense was stunning! Cooper showed interesting things, the old Genia is back, Foley was good to the posts. Not all is bad

All that in the 1st 20min, then they dropped the pressure, pushed passes,kicked the ball away,Lost possession being isolated,Got on the wrong side of the ref again. And puma's pushed closer to a win.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
If I was looking ahead to Pretoria, I'd be seriously thinking only of the win, and pick this backline:

9 Genia
10 Cooper
11 Hodge
12 Kerevi
13 TK
14 Mitchell
15 DHP

Simple, bash centres, kicking from the back, and no fucking around. Foley has been copping a physical hammering the games at 12, so he needs a rest. Hodge to kick goals from our 22 at altitude.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Wouldn't pick a victim, backline performed pretty well! Genia the obvious stand-out. Everyone else mixed but more good then bad.

Foley i'll take your assessment as being mostly positive without being outstanding. Although he's not in that key role anymore so you don't expect that anymore

DHP I'm a bit mixed on and will have to watch the replay. I recall that beautiful try but also a few mistakes.

DHP's main errors were some pretty anaemic kicks. Can't recall too many otherwise.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
If you can't enjoy a win what's the point?

QfMriFe.jpg

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
If I was looking ahead to Pretoria, I'd be seriously thinking only of the win, and pick this backline:

9 Genia
10 Cooper
11 Hodge
12 Kerevi
13 TK
14 Mitchell
15 DHP

Simple, bash centres, kicking from the back, and no fucking around. Foley has been copping a physical hammering the games at 12, so he needs a rest. Hodge to kick goals from our 22 at altitude.
I likes your thinking, Pfitzy! It's a boofy backline, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.