• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Pumas - Saturday 17 September, nib Stadium Perth

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Ok so for pretoria:

Insert McMahon at 8 for pocock
Insert mccalman on the bench

Edit: forgot about fardy. I'd consider bringing him back in at 6 with pocock out. Still need mccalman on the bench though so maybe it's mumm's turn to be rotated out.

Rotating one of our best piggies out does not make a whole heap of sense, to me anyway.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Right on cue KOB.
Soon to be followed by surprise when forcefans stats come out.
Then some mutterings about statistics not telling the whole story.

Yeah I know, he's a hard worker in the tight. I make the same argument about McCalman and Palu so I do actually take note of those stats. I made the comment largely in jest because in all honesty I can not recall seeing him on the TV once. It also means he didn't fuck up too.

I'll await those stats.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Made the 3rd most amount of tackles in the team, as expected made little impact on attack

But Dean Mumm, missed 7 tackles and made 3 knock ons and ran for a total of 8m..

those are horror stats for Mumm, one of those knock ons was a doozy

tragic

John Solomon (38)
those are horror stats for Mumm, one of those knock ons was a doozy
Yeah I agree with your first impression.
I'd like to see how Fardy goes now he's had a wake up call.
His upside is more than mumms and his work on the ball would be useful with pocock out. Mumm provides good lock/no 6 cover on the bench.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
How did Pocock break his hand?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

not sure. 45th minute. I actually misheard the fox sports report which was what prompted me to put it up before, it actually said he may have a broken hand. But..as they say..if it smells like a broken hand..

"He's got an injury to his hand so we'll just have to see to what extent it is," said Wallabies coach Michael Cheika. "It was quite swollen so it was hard for him to move his hands. We'll see how that pans out after he gets an X-ray. He wanted to play through, I had to take him off."

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Ok so for pretoria:

Insert McMahon at 8 for pocock
Insert mccalman on the bench

Edit: forgot about fardy. I'd consider bringing him back in at 6 with pocock out. Still need mccalman on the bench though so maybe it's mumm's turn to be rotated out.

KOB, I know that you know that I don't rate McCalman at all at test level, but it continually amazes me that you see something there that encourages you to suggest his return to the side. You apparently rate his workrate, but there's not much there if it is to intents and purposes ineffectual, as it is.

Would it not be more effective to have McMahon and Timani share the 8 spot (especially now that Timani has made his way into the squad) and retain Mumm and Fardy to cover 6 in the absence of Pocock?

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
Hang on, aren't all and sundry saying that Argentina are heading for #2 in the world? ;)

Defensively that was easily our best performance for the season. No we weren't defending against the All Blacks, but we were defending against a pretty determined side and in the wrong half for 70% of the time.

The attack showed glimpses of what they are setting out to do but it's not there yet. I'd stick with that combination whilst we don't have a proper ready made 12.

The Pumas are ranked 7th. Let's not get carried away. It's good to look good but there's no evidence of great progress.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
A good game to watch. A pity that the ARU marketing mustn't be pushing these matches as it's obviously hurting the ticket sales and NIB is such a good stadium to watch matches at.

Argies looked a bit tired and things that came off last week weren't coming off last night. That cost them dearly.

genia is playing so well - it's amazing how decisive he is at the moment.

Fix the diving, world rugby.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
KOB, I know that you know that I don't rate McCalman at all at test level, but it continually amazes me that you see something there that encourages you to suggest his return to the side. You apparently rate his workrate, but there's not much there if it is to intents and purposes ineffectual, as it is.

Would it not be more effective to have McMahon and Timani share the 8 spot (especially now that Timani has made his way into the squad) and retain Mumm and Fardy to cover 6 in the absence of Pocock?

1. Timani did fuck all. You'd think that 15 minutes against a tired opposition and on debut, with a frame like that he'd stand out. He didn't.
2. McCalman is an 8 which is something no-one else in the squad can claim. Let's see how he goes for the spirit today.

Status
Not open for further replies.