• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Pumas - Saturday 17 September, nib Stadium Perth

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Just a soft soft penalty, poor timing if anything. Bit of laziness cost him a yellow.

A bit of softness (from Cooper). He goes in late to contact and fronts his shoulder to protect himself. Soft but deserved.

Argentina have killed themselves all game with costly mistakes on the front foot.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
It was 100% a yellow card, regardless of the theatrics.

Having said that, I'd like some big fines from World Rugby involved as well for simulation and/or exaggeration.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Thoughts:
Kerevi was good
Quade was solid
Forwards were ok
DHP was poor
Foley was average
Folau was poor
Boomstick was meh
Phipps provided good energy
Barnes was very partisan

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
I think the Wallabies improved quite a lot - they were significantly better in attack, in defence and at set piece. Still issues around kicking and handling, but overall a much better performance. A work in progress but at least heading in the right direction.

Simmons was noticeable in his defensive effort, which makes me think Cheika's policy of dropping underperforming forwards is having its desired effect.

Hodge impressive again. McMahon looked dangerous. Coleman high standard again. Genia my MOTM with another great game.

HoldingOn

Alfred Walker (16)
Thoughts:
Kerevi was good
Quade was solid
Forwards were ok
DHP was poor
Foley was average
Folau was poor
Boomstick was meh
Phipps provided good energy
Barnes was very partisan
Genia for MOTM. Closely followed by Coleman- made a series of incredible hits in the first half. Quade was alright but made a few shit kicking options

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Can't help but feel Argentina should have made that game much closer if not won it. Given the ridiculous amount of posession and penalty count. Simple mistakes cost them.

Australia did pretty well considering. That's what wins games isn't it, turning opportunities into points. That, and they defended mostly pretty well, they should be happy.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Quade back to his old self. At the centre of just about everything we did that was both good and bad. Genia MOTM again i'd say. Kerevi and Hodge both getting progressively better. Coleman a complete beast. Taf continues to demonstrate his superiority over Moore. Still lacking a winger with real pace.

Poey is, probably by no fault of his own, being ruled against very harshly and its completely undermining his effectiveness. He put in huge work at the breakdown and was consistently penalised unfairly. Having said that, most refs seem to be taking this approach to jackalling. He should be on the bench next week with McMahon the maniac on the field.

Neither Timani nor Robertson got enough time to impress but Timani did manage a few big tackles. Plus he's terrifyingly large.

Should've kept more ball but defense was A1. Good performance all round.

HoldingOn

Alfred Walker (16)
Quade back to his old self. At the centre of just about everything we did that was both good and bad. Genia MOTM again i'd say. Kerevi and Hodge both getting progressively better. Coleman a complete beast. Taf continues to demonstrate his superiority over Moore. Still lacking a winger with real pace.

Poey is, probably by no fault of his own, being ruled against very harshly and its completely undermining his effectiveness. He put in huge work at the breakdown and was consistently penalised unfairly. Having said that, most refs seem to be taking this approach to jackalling. He should be on the bench next week with McMahon the maniac on the field.

Neither Timani nor Robertson got enough time to impress but Timani did manage a few big tackles. Plus he's terrifyingly large.

Should've kept more ball but defense was A1. Good performance all round.
Agreed. Shame McCaw wasn't targeted as Pocock is now... shame the ABs aren't penalised in general

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Fuck yeah - win with 4 tries would be a great achievement, no matter the margin.

Have to withstand the Pumas onslaught because their ball-in-hand play is the best I've ever seen from them. They're probably only behind the ABs for that.

Close Pfitzy, you debonair genius, you!

Too lazy to write another review, so I'm copying the one from the website with the decent mobile theme.

Bonus point win at home, holding a fairly handy opposition to 2 tries. After we conceded a couple of stupid yellow cards as well.

Scrum started poorly after the first yellow card, but dominated by the end. Lineout was 100% I think? Didn't steal any. Defense was pretty bloody good for most of the first half, and attack had its moments. If Quade's wide passes were as good as his inside balls, we might have got to 50.

McMahon made a huge difference when he came on. That kid is an animal and could easily be a link-style 8 (as opposed to a big bopper). So good in contact.

For me the pleasing thing was defence. Where, last week, we kept our heads and got over the Boks despite a shaky start, this week we put all the points on and then had to withstand the pressure.

As a result, Argies couldn't get their offload game going. That and because Cubelli is rubbish. Can't believe he started ahead of Landajo. Matera continues to impress, as does Leguizamon. Senatore had some nice touches. They got a heap of head knocks though and losing Creevy was a blow. Their outside backs just couldn't get involved because 9-10-12 weren't working well enough.

Not a spectacular win, but a good win. I'll take it.

ABs officially win TRC 2016 at this point.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
Watching Quade Cooper is like watching a U12's fly half.

Stands too deep, crabs across field and goes for the high ball strip type tackle.

Once in a while you get the great pass, the occasional display of million dollar hands, however the lack of common sense is permanent.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Can't help but feel Argentina should have made that game much closer if not won it. Given the ridiculous amount of posession and penalty count. Simple mistakes cost them.

Australia did pretty well considering. That's what wins games isn't it, turning opportunities into points. That, and they defended mostly pretty well, they should be happy.

Considering how many tries we left on the field due to errors (both physical and mental) I would doubt your opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.