• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v. Springboks, 18th July 2015, Suncorp, Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick_

Allen Oxlade (6)
Would have liked to have seen Foley on the bench instead of To'omua. I think To'omua offers more as a starter and Foley can have more of an impact off the bench.

Hope Sio and Holmes get a solid 40 minutes too.

Chieka probably knows exactly what Foley would add, and after this game will pinpoint what Foley could have done that QC (Quade Cooper) couldn't/didn't and make his call then... He'll be in the 23 for the next match.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I wouldn't mind seeing Giteau shift to 10 with To'omua at 12 at some point in the second half...........

I still think Giteau will best be suited as a 10/12 cover off the bench in the RWC with Cooper and Foley either playing 10 or not being in the 23 at all.............

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Horwill. Weirdness. Surely now is the time to give Arnold a shot. Horwill has been awful for 2 years. Comical at times.
Gives better cover for a 6/8 injury, Higgers goes down, Poey on and Horwill on for Skelton..

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Holmes and Horwill are the best scrummaging replacements in the squad. Might be a focus on a full game effort there?

Especially with Pocock as the only back row replacement

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
And no Beale in the 23 - that to me is a surprise. I think I like this team.

you'd think it had to be either 22. Foley 23. Beale OR 22. To'omua 23. Mitchell

So no Tah bias, that's for sure.

Don't get too excited though, from all accounts the 8 blokes that aren't named will get a run next week.

T

Train Without a Station

Arnold's Achilles heel is his line out work. He's just not a strong competing jumper. That means that if you want to replace Simmons you'll really hurt the line out.

It also means that you almost couldn't contemplate bringing your reserve loosie on at 8 in that situation because you'd only be left with Fardy as a strong competing jumper.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
A really good by-product of the backs chosen is that there's depth of coverage for all positions (A=preferred, B=contingency):
9 - A. Phipps, B. Giteau
10 - A. Giteau, B. To'omua (or VV)
12 - A. To'omua, B. Horne
13 - A. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), B. Horne
Wing - A. Mitchell, B. Phipps
15 - A. Mitchell, B. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

Status
Not open for further replies.