• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v. Springboks, 18th July 2015, Suncorp, Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

Told you we'd win. No doubt. I love a cliffhanger ending :). Not convincing but gutsy.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
So he says try from two angles. Good grief what a joke.
Well played aus best team for the important last 20

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Bench impact was immense - something we've lacked for years.

Go home gits - To'omua is our 12.

Quade had an off night but as usual hard to judge with a forward pack not contesting the breakdown

BabyBlueElephant

Darby Loudon (17)
Wow what a game! Wasn't great stuff all the way through, SA's amount of penalties in the second half was stupid. Wonder how important that game will be and the manner it was one in a year like this. With NZ at home, if you guys beat the Argies well in the next game the RC might be yours.

G

galumay

The other thing to remember is we were very, very, very lucky to be awarded that try. 9 times out of 10 that's no try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I'd make the following back switches

9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Horne
12. To'omua
13. Kuridrani
14. Mitchell
15. Folau

21. Genia (White if injured)
22. Cooper/Gits
23. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

Plus swap Horwill and Pocock on for Skelton and Higgers.

G

galumay

Although I think the Boks were clearly the better side, they didn't look like scoring many tries and line breaks were few and far between. They won't beat the AB'S without a much better performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Outstanding captaincy by Moore throughout & ballsy call at the end to go for the line. South Africa were very good and owned the breakdown throughout & probably didn't deserve to lose.

What struck me most was the All Blacks type belief that the Wallabies displayed at the death, the will to win was overpowering through the TV screen and the fans who showed up at Suncorp were richly rewarded.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Commiserations, Boks the way better team.

We stole that, so freaking lucky. Our ruck work was just so so so crap, so unbelievable we won.

Phipps, biggest effect on the game. Horwill, To'omua and the reserve props also huge impacts. Our bench and Bok injuries won us the game. edit: Pocock too!

Saffers were better at the breakdown but with the ball in hands they were bored like always

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Higgers will be gone, maybe Skelton to the bench.

Biggest improvement we need for the next game is around the rucks. If we play like that again, we will be lucky to beat anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.