• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v. Springboks, 18th July 2015, Suncorp, Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Looks like McCalman's out of this one.
OK so if you had mccalman starting, as I did, you now need to fill the voids in the areas of ball runner and line out option..higginbotham is probably the best fit. But do you go 6. Fardy 8. Higgers, or 6. Higgers 8. Palu?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
OK so if you had mccalman starting, as I did, you now need to fill the voids in the areas of ball runner and line out option..higginbotham is probably the best fit. But do you go 6. Fardy 8. Higgers, or 6. Higgers 8. Palu?

Well I'd likely put my money on Cheika picking Fardy at 6 and Palu at 8 with Higgers on the bench.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I think that partly depends on whether Hooper or Pocock start. A Backrow of Palu, Higgers, Hooper would be unbalanced. A Backrow of Palu, Higgers, Pocock has better balance. If you have both Higgers and Skelton in the starting side I think there's less need for Palu.

I probably go for a backrow of Fardy/Pocock/Higgers. It'd give you a pretty decent lineout and would also allow you to compete at the breakdown, an area the boks were strong last year.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)

I think you keep Fardy. He is the only one who has actually performed consistently at a high level for the wallabies. Sure his super xv form is average, but the other guys aren't setting the world alight either. So in this case i'd keep the proven test performer.

Although I do have a feeling like Higgers will really step up at Test level as he has certainly seemed to have matured in recent years but if it comes down to one or the other, you'd have to pick Fardy.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-...es-for-rugby-championsh/6535880?section=sport

Cheika saying he'll select a total squad of around 45. Not sure if its already been posted but for lack of a better thread. Anyone want to conjure up a squad out of pure speculation?

I'm guessing there'll be 5 THPs (Holmes etc to cover both sides), 4 Hookers, 3 LHPs, 5 Locks, 3 opensides, 6 6/8 options (Dennis and Fardy to also cover lock. . Then for backs I'd say 4 halfbacks, 3 10s, 4 centres, 5 wingers and 3 full backs. Backs are hard to predict because of versatility of some players.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
My guess is that it'll be his provisional 31 plus another XV, for cover in all positions.

So 4 hookers, 7 props, 6 locks, 9 backrowers (inc 3 Opensides), 4 halfbacks, 3 fly halfs, and an assortment of centers, wings, full backs and utilities totalling 13 players.

Not too different from your guess, just depends how many he's got his eye on in each position.

Status
Not open for further replies.