• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v USA Eagles, 5th September, Soldier Field, Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
Great, so Beale will play at 12 this game, we will probably win by 30 or more points and it will make him look good in the process. What about Lilo at 12 Cheika, that is someone you haven't tried???
10. Lilo 12. Beale?

Would be interesting to see.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Great, so Beale will play at 12 this game, we will probably win by 30 or more points and it will make him look good in the process. What about Lilo at 12 Cheika, that is someone you haven't tried???

What exactly is wrong with Beale? He's an extremely effective impact sub.

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
His defense. Surprisingly he made 2 tackles against the ABs but I can't forget his performance against Boks at Cape Town
When he made the hit on Carter, his face looked like "hell I actually put him on his arse" hope he can improve from that.

T

Train Without a Station

Well maybe, just maybe, it's improved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KOB it was certainly good to see. But right now it's still the anomaly, not the norm. Consider how he was hunted down there last year and his tackle completion for 2015. He needs to keep showing it to prove that it's the new norm.

That being said if he's in the 31 and Cheika wants to rest To'omua, give him a chance to show 2 weeks in a row that it's improved by all means.

Tahtrajic

Ted Fahey (11)
We should rest Slipper, Kepu, Moore, Hooper, Fardy, Kuridrani, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Folau for this one.
I agree most of these guys need to get a rest. But I'd like to see Kuridrani play as he really hasn't had any ball in attack in the last couple of games and I'd say there is a good chance of him getting some good opportunity against the USA. He need a few busts.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)

Those 2 tackles were brilliantly timed and were great defensive reads. But don't be fooled, he got up in the opposition face before they gained any momentum. Beale is yet to make a tackle on anyone who's actually running at him. I want to see him make a front-on tackle to a a player running full pace - Like Gits beautifully did on Savea.

Not hating on Beale, I actually have been very impressed with his impact off the bench.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One swallow does not a summer make. His defense will or could improve consistently if his attitude towards it has improved. We'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
There are some players that have stood up as bench players through the TRC. The following have made excellent contributions coming on after 50;

TPN
Holmes
Slipper / Sio
Mumm / Skelton / Horwill
White / Phipps
Beale
Tomoua

Of these I would mark some of them as better off the bench than starting;

Holmes
Skelton
Mumm (undecided but his last start was poor).
White
Beale

And some of them have been equally as good at starting;

TPN (based off previous years)
Slipper (assuming his shoulder has recovered somewhat)
Sio
Horwill
Phipps
Tomoua

For mine, I would definitely have the following in the 23 but not starting;
TPN (unlucky he's behind Moore)
Holmes
Sio / Slipper ( Slipper starts depending on his shoulder)
Skelton
White
Beale

I prefer a 5/3 bench

T

Train Without a Station

Chasmac To'omua hasn't once shown this year that he is good at starting. Though I do consider him the best 12.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Phipps wasn't great in his start either - he was superb off the bench.

I guess based on previous years you could have To'omua and Phipps in that category though.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The 10 who are getting a nice holiday to the States.

Carter, Dennis, Faulkner, Hanson, Higginbotham, Horwill, Kerevi, Lealiifano, Naiyaravoro, White

You'd assume they will all be in the 23 so..

1. Smith
2. Polota-Nau
3. Faulkner
4. Carter
5. Horwill (c)?
6. Higginbotham
7. McMahon
8. Palu
9. White
10. Lealiifano
11. Naiyaravoro
12. To'omua
13. Kerevi
14. Horne
15. Mitchell

16. Hanson
17. Sio
18. Holmes
19. Douglas
20. Dennis
21. Genia
22. Beale
23. Speight

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
I think Simmons needs game time as does whoever will play flyhalf. CL should play 12 because that's the position he'll cover.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
His defense. Surprisingly he made 2 tackles against the ABs but I can't forget his performance against Boks at Cape Town

Beale's defence is nowhere near as bad as people say it is, especially at the back, where he's made plenty of try-saving tackles for the Wobs.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Would like to see Simmons and Big Kev get one final test together.

Horne, Palu, McMahon, Douglas, Genia should all feature.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
An Iain Payten tweet said that only a couple of the shadow squad will travel over for this match. The rest will stay here and play NRC.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
11947539_1176970878983423_6474690010218269388_n.png
Hugh backing the Wallabies in the USA.

T

TOCC

This 'Hayne-mania' should help give the crowd figure a little boost, even though it's a different code, most americans don't know the difference between rugby league and rugby union, and most think Hayne was a rugby player.

At this stage, the crowd is looking to be significantly lower then when the All Blacks played.

Status
Not open for further replies.