• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Wales (Cardiff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Is starting an ancient AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) any better than starting a green Petaia?

For this game, maybe, I think Kerevi is a better 12 than 13, I want a second playmaker so Beale at 15, wingers who can catch and jump looks a reasonable idea. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is the next best 13 we have for Sat.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
For this game, maybe, I think Kerevi is a better 12 than 13, I want a second playmaker so Beale at 15, wingers who can catch and jump looks a reasonable idea. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is the next best 13 we have for Sat.

but that's a reputational selection right? You haven't been watching him play in Japan I assume? Nor have I so I've got no idea whether he's up to it now.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
We need to see if AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is actually up to it. The game is getting faster.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
60,000 people turned up to see Wales comfortably take care of Scotland last week. We're playing them at the same stadium in Cardiff, with probably an equally large and hostile crowd.
I'm assuming Wales will make minimal changes too. They definitely have the form coming into this.

Halfpenny, North and Davies will be bloody tough to contain for who ever we put up. Can't say I know the other wing, Luke Morgan, what's the go on him?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Never really thought of Halfpenny as an attacking player, but he can sure kick a ball.

JT0406

Allen Oxlade (6)
Wallabies to face Wales

1. Scott Sio (52 Tests)

2. Tolu Latu (10 Tests)

3. Allan Ala'alatoa (30 Tests)

4. Izack Rodda (14 Tests)

5. Adam Coleman (28 Tests)

6. Jack Dempsey (7 Tests)

7. Michael Hooper (c) (88 Tests)

8. David Pocock (75 Tests)

9. Will Genia (97 Tests)

10. Bernard Foley (65 Tests)

11. Sefa Naivalu (8 Tests)

12. Kurtley Beale (81 Tests)

13. Samu Kerevi (22 Tests)

14. Israel Folau (70 Tests)

15. Dane Haylett-Petty (28 Tests)

Reserves

16. Tatafu Polota-Nau (86 Tests)

17. Sekope Kepu (100 Tests)

18. Taniela Tupou (9 Tests)

19. Rob Simmons (91 Tests)

20. Ned Hanigan (18 Tests)

21. Nick Phipps (70 Tests)

22. Matt To'omua (39 Tests)

23. Jack Maddocks (5 Tests)

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2018/11/07/spring-tour-wallabies-wales-cardiff-team-announcement

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I would roll the dice

Sio,
TPN,
Ala'alatoa,
Simmons,
Coleman,
Hanigan,
Hooper,
Pocock,
Genia,
Foley,
DHP
Kerevi
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper),
Folau,
Beale

How is that rolling the dice? It reads to me as "what is Cheika likely to pick?" Bar maybe Beale at 15.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Pretty close to the side I would have picked given the availability. I’m glad to see Sefa there, Koroibete has all the natural attributes but is suffering a bit from second year curse and is still learning the finer points of the game. Again, I’d have liked Banks over Maddocks on the bench. I think Kerevi will do wonders straightening the attack and any defensive frailties will be masked by shifting him to 12 and Naivalu to 13 in defence.

Edit: Would have included FF (Folau Fainga'a) in my side over Latu (for two YC in two tests at crucial moments as much as anything else)

Mudslider

Allen Oxlade (6)
Wow Cheika selections a puzzle again... I guess it looks like side to side rugby again Cheika style... if this guy wrote a coaching book
Nobody would buy it... and seriously Is Beale untouchable at 12? Because his play in Japan wasn’t great... can someone please open the doors and windows at the ARU ...

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Welsh side named:

WALES SQUAD TO PLAY AUSTRALIA (Saturday November 10 KO 17.20)

15. Leigh Halfpenny (79 Caps)
14. George North (77 Caps)
13. Jonathan Davies (66 Caps)
12. Hadleigh Parkes (9 Caps)
11. Josh Adams (4 Caps)
10. Gareth Anscombe (19 Caps)
9. Gareth Davies (34 Caps)
1. Nicky Smith (22 Caps)
2. Ken Owens (58 Caps)
3. Tomas Francis (33 Caps)
4. Adam Beard (5 Caps)
5. Alun Wyn Jones (118 Caps) (CAPT)
6. Dan Lydiate (63 Caps)
7. Justin Tipuric (58 Caps)
8. Ross Moriarty (24 Caps)

REPLACEMENTS:

16. Elliot Dee (11 Caps)
17. Rob Evans (28 Caps)
18. Dillon Lewis (6 Caps)
19. Cory Hill (19 Caps)
20. Ellis Jenkins (8 Caps)
21. Tomos Williams (3 Caps)
22. Dan Biggar (62 Caps)
23. Liam Williams (48 Caps)
http://www.wru.co.uk/eng/news/41605.php#.W-QxnpP7RaQ

God I hate the way Northern teams format the team sheet.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
That's a pretty good Wales side and they'll take it right up to the Wobs. Still, that Wallaby team I think is just about the best available right now. Good to see Dempsey and Kerevi in there, they will add something.

I'm with Barbs: kitchen fucking sink and all the utensils at the Welsh this week. Have to. Need to lay down a marker for 2019 and let them know that they will have to go through this Australian team if they want to make a dent in the RWC.

Status
Not open for further replies.