• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs Barbarians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Is this on FTA? I can't seem to find a listing for it, channel nine up to it's usual form I suppose :-l

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I think the Barbarians game should be considered tests. I mean, does it really cheapen a Wallaby jersey to have you gain a cap playing against players who are all of test quality?

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Yes. Should the Baabaas get caps?

I think so. It would surprise me if the test record of the barbarians is any worse than the test record of say the Pacific Island team that has since been disbanded and they certainly hold a special place in the international history of our game.

For example Matt Hodgson first played for the Wobs in that Baabaas game in Sydney and broke himself. Wouldn't you feel robbed on his behalf if he never got that Wallaby cap? He would of if he'd played in a less or equally competitive fixture like say Wallabies V Fiji (when only their Oceania based players are available).

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
I think the Barbarians game should be considered tests. I mean, does it really cheapen a Wallaby jersey to have you gain a cap playing against players who are all of test quality?

Is someone like Sam Tomkins really deserved of a Test cap? Just because he made the England RL team doesn't mean he'd make the England RU team. You'll often find the uncapped player isn't Test standard. Robbie Fruean is a possible exception.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
1. Salvatore Perugini
2. Kevin Mealamu
3. Sylvain Marconnet
4. Marco Bortolami
5. Victor Matfield
6. Jerome Kaino
7. Mauro Bergamasco
8. Adam Thomson
9. Peter Stringer
10. Danny Cipriani
11. Bryan Habana
12. Robbie Fruean (Uncapped)
13. Stirling Mortlock (c)
14. Richard Kahui
15. Isaia Toeava
--------------------------
16. Andrew Strauss
17. Eusebio Guiñazú
18. Simon Shaw
19. Jason White
20. Nemia Kenatale
21. Seru Rabeni
22. Sam Tomkins (Uncapped)

That is a very, very handy looking Baabaas pack.

G'wan, Strings, get those last two! G'wan, ya LIGIND!

troxler

Sydney Middleton (9)
I cant find any listing of this game on any free to air channels, does anyone know if it is going to be on FTA? I know ONE use to broadcast the AI games, i'm hoping 9/GEM show the games or ill be pissed...

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Needless to say that is 12:30am Sun 27/11 Brisbane time, Brisbane being the epicentre of most elite sports development in Australia :fishing

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I'll be up. Last game I will ever get to watch Victor Matfield play live.

I will be shedding a few quiet tears over a beer or five.

I already feel like crying.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I don't know the Oz team for the Baas game as I write this but Brett Harris from the Australian said that Ma'afu would start at THP. He seemed pretty sure about it.

At the end of the article he listed his "possible" team. It has Slipper at LHP, JOC (James O'Connor) at 10, Barnes at 12, Higgers at 6 and Turner on one wing.

If he's seen them training it might mean something.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I read this morning that JOC (James O'Connor) was training at 10 at the first (and only?) session the Wobs have had at some school in Hammertown. The article was a crap AP write-up which talked about Hugh Grant and Heston Blumenthal going to this school so I won't bother posting it.

K

Keithy

JOC (James O'Connor) at 10 Barnes at 12 is the word from London.

rustycruiser

Billy Sheehan (19)
1. Salvatore Perugini
2. Kevin Mealamu
3. Sylvain Marconnet
4. Marco Bortolami
5. Victor Matfield
6. Jerome Kaino
7. Mauro Bergamasco
8. Adam Thomson
9. Peter Stringer
10. Danny Cipriani
11. Bryan Habana
12. Robbie Fruean (Uncapped)
13. Stirling Mortlock (c)
14. Richard Kahui
15. Isaia Toeava
--------------------------
16. Andrew Strauss
17. Eusebio Guiñazú
18. Simon Shaw
19. Jason White
20. Nemia Kenatale
21. Seru Rabeni
22. Sam Tomkins (Uncapped)

The actual line up:

15 Isaia Toeva, 14 Sam Tomkins, 13 Robbie Fruean, 12 Stirling Mortlock, 11 Bryan Habana, 10 Danny Cipriani, 9 Peter Stringer, 8 Adam Thomson, 7 Mauro Bergamasco, 6 Jerome Kaino, 5 Victor Matfield (c), 4 Simon Shaw, 3 Sylvain Marconnet, 2 Keven Mealamu, 1 Eusebio Guinazu.
Subs: 16 Adriaan Strauss, 17 Salvatore Perugini, 18 Jason White, 19 Marco Bortolami, 20 Nemia Kenatale, 21 Richard Kahui, 22 Seru Rabeni.

Status
Not open for further replies.