• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs Boks Bloemfontein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I say keep Beale at 15. He obviously needs to improve under the high ball, but the longer he is in the position, the better he is going to get.
I say keep AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 13. He obviously needs to improve his passing, but the longer he is in the position, the better he is going to get.

It is impossible to improve as a player if you are constantly moved into different positions. I hope that their super sides also play them in these position (I'm looking at you Brumbies). I will only bode well for our chances at the RWC.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Would rather wait and see how Horne and Chambers progress before locking down the best 13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is doing a fair job at the moment.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is currently the best 13. He has outplayed Horne, and Chambers hasn't even played for the Wallabies yet. Next year might be different, but until then AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) deserves to continue in the position.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Would rather wait and see how Horne and Chambers progress before locking down the best 13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is doing a fair job at the moment.

Isn't this what we all want for Australian rugby: three (or more) blokes competing fiercely for a spot in the Wallabies? Although we seem to have a surfeit of wingers at the moment it's unlikely we'll ever have five top-notch candidates for every position as one or more team will be going through a rebuilding phase.

But let's build combinations for next year and leave AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 13 and Beale at fullback. If Horne (ever) comes good he can try out for a place in the squad.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
I don't see the logic.

The same people who say the Boks defence sucked so much seem to think they played better overall. Even though in their attack they were outscored in tries 5-3.

So, their defence sucked, and their attack clearly wasn't as effective, yet they were the better team. Go figure.

Obviously nobody agrees with me & that' fine, but I make my observation on a couple of things. The try count doesn't count for anything, as the Boks were awarded so many kickable penalties and they simply took them. If you know that you can consistently get in kicking distance and get awarded a penalty, there is nothing wrong with playing to that game.

Secondly, I think it takes a better team to come back from 31-7 down than it does to go 31-7 up, then concede 25 odd points to give away the lead.

This is not to take anything away from the wallabies performances over the last couple of weeks. The amount of points scored on the high veldt was seriously impressive & the abilty to do things the AB's couldn't, such as combat Juan Smith & co is something to behold. I guess, I think the biggest difference between the 2 teams was the bok leadership at the end, which couldn't see the blindingly obvious which was about to happen.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
I don't see the logic.

The same people who say the Boks defence sucked so much seem to think they played better overall. Even though in their attack they were outscored in tries 5-3.

So, their defence sucked, and their attack clearly wasn't as effective, yet they were the better team. Go figure.

You shouldn't let your bias as a Wallabies supporter determine your opinion - take a leaf out of my book when I talk about the Reds.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
It would be crazy to move AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). He has been the likely successor of the Evil Wizard for some time, its just that centre does take to time to make your mark on.

He has the combo with Gits for the time being as well.

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is neither a long term winger or FB IMO, so might as well keep him in the most difficult backline position for as long as possible

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Mrs Cooper's little tweeting problem

"Suck on that faggots" was apparently tweeted by our Golden Girl on Saturday night.
Consequently the thought police have huffed and puffed and blown the house down. Sponsorships have been cancelled. The usual suspects have been rolled out tutt tutting with their rightious indignation matching a good old boy redneck Southern Baptist preacher.

Get a farking life. FFS.

Point 1. She should have known better than to put that sort of stuff out in the public arena, particularly when it is traceable and attributable to her. Put that sort of stuff in Gaggerland behind the veil of anonomity. She has been public property for long enough to have attended many "appropriate behaviour / inappropriate behaviour" sessions with AOC and Swimming Aust.

Point 2. If the tweet was so farken offensive, why do the media report the tweet in its full glory? Surely they are as guilty of homophobic behaviour as the original tweet. Why are the usual suspects not turning on the papers for reporting the offensive tweet in full.

Point 3. :lmao:Luckily for Moses's sponsors that they haven't read the live game call transcript.:puke::-X

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
The try count doesn't count for anything, as the Boks were awarded so many kickable penalties and they simply took them. If you know that you can consistently get in kicking distance and get awarded a penalty, there is nothing wrong with playing to that game.

Maybe last year, but under the NRIs it's pretty obvious the importance of the try count, both in the S14 and this years' 3Ns

Secondly, I think it takes a better team to come back from 31-7 down than it does to go 31-7 up, then concede 25 odd points to give away the lead.

By that logic - that when you score is important - surely the team who scores 10 points in the last 10 minutes (including a well worked try) to take back the lead and win when they needed to does better?

And Reddy! - thanks for the advice on impartiality! Although I think this is just about logic, or lack of.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Maybe last year, but under the NRIs it's pretty obvious the importance of the try count, both in the S14 and this years' 3Ns

By that logic - that when you score is important - surely the team who scores 10 points in the last 10 minutes (including a well worked try) to take back the lead and win when they needed to does better?

And Reddy! - thanks for the advice on impartiality! Although I think this is just about logic, or lack of.

First point, we'll have to agree to disagree. A team that can score 8 penalties is going to beat any team that can score 3 tries, and a few that can score 4.

Second point - yes, true. But I've stated my view on the Bok leadership for the last few mins on the paddock already on this thread a few times!

Perhaps, I should restatement my statement to say that I thought for the most part of the game, the boks were the better team. But like when NFJ said it to me, it doesn't mean shit! You still won!

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Just going over the Stats posted by Gagger.

To those still questioning Beale's defence 100%

Compared to JOC (James O'Connor) and Quade. Their tackle completion especially Cooper in the 10 channel is of real concern.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Sorry to go off topic but I just have to get this off my chest:

HOW THE FUCK CAN THE BOKS PLAY THREE TESTS IN A ROW AGAINST POCOCK WITH NO FETCHER?

Thank you.

That is all.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Blue,
images

Status
Not open for further replies.