• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs Boks Bloemfontein

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
With yours, DPK!! ;)

Yeah, my sarcasm detector is in the shop Cyclo....

192280-comic_book_guy_13018_large.jpg

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
"Suck on that faggots" was apparently tweeted by our Golden Girl on Saturday night.
Consequently the thought police have huffed and puffed and blown the house down. Sponsorships have been cancelled. The usual suspects have been rolled out tutt tutting with their rightious indignation matching a good old boy redneck Southern Baptist preacher.

Get a farking life. FFS.

Point 1. She should have known better than to put that sort of stuff out in the public arena, particularly when it is traceable and attributable to her. Put that sort of stuff in Gaggerland behind the veil of anonomity. She has been public property for long enough to have attended many "appropriate behaviour / inappropriate behaviour" sessions with AOC and Swimming Aust.

Point 2. If the tweet was so farken offensive, why do the media report the tweet in its full glory? Surely they are as guilty of homophobic behaviour as the original tweet. Why are the usual suspects not turning on the papers for reporting the offensive tweet in full.

Point 3. :lmao:Luckily for Moses's sponsors that they haven't read the live game call transcript.:puke::-X

Hey Steph! I might be a Saffer faggot but I still drive a nice car.

Suck on that.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
[video=youtube;_mo3xj3GqIQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mo3xj3GqIQ&feature=related[/video]

Anyone pick this up? Simmo, I didn't know you had it in you!

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Looked intentional, the way he drove the leg back.

If it was an SA forward there would have been a 40 page thread by now with expert video analysis and a report from Interpol.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Oh dear... who was the citing commissioner who missed that? That's poor work by him.

It does indeed look intentional, although I do doubt it was, whoever posted it certainly thinks it was accidental..... However, you must make an extra effort where possible to avoid the head, thus I think a suspension would have been in order.

Blue - correct. Although, it's not like it was a blatant act of cheating or anything... :)

Crow

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I think a suspension would have been in order, it's hard to make judgements on intention.
It was right in front of the ref, too.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'd say it looked more suss than it was because he does a little hop-step when he realises his foot is in something that doesnt feel much like turf and more like face.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Simmons tries to jump over the prop who grabs his leg, forcing Simmons to bring down is other foot to stabilise.

Ever tried putting on shoes/socks standing up when pissed? Same deal. (although, probably not involving a springbok prop)

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Simmons tries to jump over the prop who grabs his leg, forcing Simmons to bring down is other foot to stabilise.

Ever tried putting on shoes/socks standing up when pissed? Same deal. (although, probably not involving a springbok prop)

The way I see it is he relaised he is running over a Bok player and he stomped down extra hard. It equates to taking a piss when holding four beers. Or something like that. :)

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
I tell you what though, I am outraged that the Boks weren't pinged or binned for a player tripping poor simmo while lying on the ground. think I'll go make a bar chart about that

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
What goes on tour, stays on tour.

Like the numerous "McCaw is a cheat" views because of super slo-mo unavailable to referees, this is another one, which in normal time wasn't picked up by referee, TJ's, or the citing commissioner.

In true piggie form, CJ VdL just got on with the game - Kak happens. No whinging to the referee, no whinge after the game. Well done.

Simmo got away with it (whether intentional or not). History has recorded no penalty for the alleged "offence" by Simmo, or by the attempted foot trip by CJ VdL.

Amusing video, but lets move on.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Thanks Spewn for your thread.:eek: I am now marked cause of you - unfairly M'Lud.

My reputation precedes me most unfairly methinks.

I think I add value to the debate. If no correspondent is able to comment further following my most recent contribution on that specific thread, then so be it. Not my problem.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.