• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs Boks Bloemfontein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/moore-and-slipper-in-test-frame-20100831-14fml.html

These 3 changes will make a huge difference to the Wallaby pack.
Moore, Slipper and McCalman in.
Fainga'a, Maafu and Brown out.

I also see that AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is blaming himself for the loss on the weekend. Crap.
That was the first below average performance from him and it was unlucky that Hougaard knocked the ball out of his hands. He would not have scored anyway as Hougaard had him wrapped up short of the line.
He needs to start using his fend again and also look to offload on occassion.

jason

Sydney Middleton (9)
So, basically what people have been suggesting around here for weeks now...catch up Robbie.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
His place kicking has been anything but world class this year. Last weekend was the exception, not the norm. I expect Cooper and JOC (James O'Connor) can kick as well as Giteau, and probably Barnes (though he was pretty shaky in the S14).

Rubbish. Look at his Super 14 stats.

Giteau is by far the best goal kicker in the squad... but he'll only be remembered for those few kicks he missed.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
yeah gits is the best kicker followed by JOC (James O'Connor) and then Quade

Gits has just missed some memorable kicks that were very important and his technique is a bit dodgy as well but his stats were good this year

JOC (James O'Connor) is a good kicker but he cant kick more than about 43 metres, he keeps changing his runup and it probably doesn't help

Quade is getting better but his technique isn't ideal for kicking from the right hand side of the field and is third choice

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
:) Don't have one, but maybe that wouldn't stop Robbie, I hear he's desperate for friends.

Can you imagine Deans trying to explain his poor performance and bad result in the sack in best Robbie speak? A possible idea for a front-page diary article.

Crow

Jimmy Flynn (14)
It was interesting to see Beale step up to take the long kick last weekend. I wonder if he's putting in time kicking the over 40s? It certainly looks like he needs the practice.

T

TOCC

It was interesting to see Beale step up to take the long kick last weekend. I wonder if he's putting in time kicking the over 40s? It certainly looks like he needs the practice.

i read somewhere that Quade 'twittered' earlier in the day that KB (Kurtley Beale) had been slotting kicks from over 50m, obviously something they are focussing on

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
i read somewhere that Quade 'twittered' earlier in the day that KB (Kurtley Beale) had been slotting kicks from over 50m, obviously something they are focussing on

Were all the boys pumped? Now, where to eat in Durban?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Because Snor believes Chili is better. The only person on earth that believes that.
Regarding Bismarck
Sport24
Div: Too late for Bismarck

Hendrik Cronjé

Bloemfontein – Hooker Bismarck du Plessis will only know after the Springboks’ tour to Europe at the end of this year where exactly he ranks in respect of the national selectors.

Coach Peter de Villiers said that there was no truth in Du Plessis being third in the pecking order following the neck operation that effectively ruled him out of the Tri-Nations.

“If we look back scrumhalf Fourie du Preez was once in a similar position to the one Bismarck finds himself in now. He (Du Preez) only played about three games for the Blue Bulls while we played in the Tri-Nations,” said De Villiers.

“I think it’s just a little too late to bring in Bismarck. He needs game time and it won’t help our cause to give him 30 or 40 minutes at a time.

“We will enter a conditioning phase after Saturday’s match (against the Wallabies). It’s just good to keep him on the field, give him the 80 minutes that he needs and then condition him with the rest of the team as part of a unit. We will then re-examine the situation at the end of the year.”

One could gauge from this week’s press conferences at Shimla Park that the Bok captain and De Villiers’ current first-choice hooker, John Smit, will be rested at the end of the year.

This could see Du Plessis and Chiliboy Ralepelle tour together as the two hookers.

“We are blessed to have three such top quality hookers (Du Plessis, Smit and Ralepelle),” said De Villiers.

“The same applies to Beast (Tendai Mtawarira) at loosehead prop. Gurthrö (Steenkamp), who is playing wonderful rugby, struggled last year to keep Beast out of the side. The reverse is now true.”

The Bok coach confirmed that Mtawarira is part of his future plans with Du Plessis.

However, he also believes they need to play regularly for the Sharks in the Currie Cup.

It is still uncertain what De Villiers is planning for Du Plessis going ahead. He is one of the best hookers in the world when he is at his best.

Last year the Bok coach moved Smit to tighthead prop to accommodate Du Plessis’ strength, fiery play and scrumming ability. However, it’s uncertain whether the same route will be followed.

It is also likely that Mtawarira will be a Bok again come the end of the year.
He should have played in Osfontein on saturday.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
Can you imagine Deans trying to explain his poor performance and bad result in the sack in best Robbie speak? A possible idea for a front-page diary article.
A whole page about why he wasn't pushing back might be a bit ambitious?

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
The point is, you're screaming about Snor, when Jake White was coming out with stuff that was even dafter, and worse results, at the same point in the last RWC cycle. They're not completely different. If anything, White's bloody-mindedness was considerably worse, as those quotations show. You're rebuilding, certainly; but the mere fact that you're back winning (and were shit unlucky against the ABs not to at least draw), with the injuries and suspensions you have, shows that you're not holding Snor to the same standard as White when you bag him.

No. You are right. I do not hold Snor in the same standard.

The difference is that JW inherited nothing. No core of players. No team culture. No game plan. He got a giant pile of shit caused by the previous lunatic.

Snor inherited a very, very well oiled machine and it should get better but it's not. It has been on a slippery slope since last year's Autumn tour.

He has not adapted the game plan to new interpretations, is too scared to rest the older players, and makes a fool of himself at every turn.

I really don't see how the same "standard" could apply unless you live in lalaland.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Were all the boys pumped? Now, where to eat in Durban?

Or was he introducing another Wallaby (othwerwise known as my man @xxxxxx) into the world of twitter..

On topic.. suspect this could be a dog of a game. Both teams trying too hard to be helter skelter and loads of knock ons, accidental offsides etc. and then the Boks will remember that's not the game plan they win with & to rever to being hard & tight.

Oh hang on...

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)

Indeed. One miss from one attempt is a 100% failure rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.