• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs England, Sydney

Pick your THREE starting front rowers for Sydney

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Should I sticky a 'Giteau Watch' thread. Keep on eye on his mental state? A couple more crap performances from him and it's my mental state I'll be worried about.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Should I sticky a 'Giteau Watch' thread. Keep on eye on his mental state? A couple more crap performances from him and it's my mental state I'll be worried about.

Yes to Giteau Watch. But shall we now start a thread on your mental state, in anticipation of G's next lapse? ;-)...

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
I think Giteau's state of mind is pretty good - a few million in the bank, travelling the world for free, celebrity status, gets to play footy all day. The only problem is that he is just a bit shit. I think it's as simple as that.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

Call it the G-Spot, at least that way we might feel better about it!!

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Giteau is a bigger issue than the wallaby scrum.

Giteau is almost all that is wrong with the wallaby backline.

Giteau is an underachiever and we simply must try a test team without him.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Giteau is a bigger issue than the wallaby scrum.

Giteau is almost all that is wrong with the wallaby backline.

Giteau is an underachiever and we simply must try a test team without him.

Gitts is the player we need to play the style we need to play. There aren't any other experienced test 5/8s, or should I say 2nd 5/8s, to steady the Wallaby ship.

Barnes is a good test player but he kicks all too much. Barnes is a great player but sadly he plays for 2010 Australia not 2003 England.

D

daz

When I was a kid playing cricket in the school yard or in the street with my mates during the 70's, everyone mimicked Lillee. No some, or most, but everyone. What has this got to do with rugby? Well, When I take my son to juniors rugby training during the week or on game day Saturday, how many want to play like Giteau? None. Zip. Zilch. Zero.

And I am in Perth, where Giteau was the headline act with the Force.

Says it all really....

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
When I was a kid playing cricket in the school yard or in the street with my mates during the 70's, everyone mimicked Lillee. No some, or most, but everyone. What has this got to do with rugby? Well, When I take my son to juniors rugby training during the week or on game day Saturday, how many want to play like Giteau? None. Zip. Zilch. Zero.

Says it all really....

I went past junior training the other night and I could swear they were yelling "Ngwenya! Ngwenya!".

Not bad for someone who hasn't played on primetime Aus television.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)

Says it all really....

I went past junior training the other night and I could swear they were yelling "Ngwenya! Ngwenya!".

Not bad for someone who hasn't played on primetime Aus television.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Drop him just like you would for any other test player not in form. If Robbie is into mad experinemtation, put Hynes in at 12. Come to think of it, it has merit. Direct runner, always aiming to attack, solid in defence and knows his inside man in Quade very well.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Gitts is the player we need to play the style we need to play. There aren't any other experienced test 5/8s, or should I say 2nd 5/8s, to steady the Wallaby ship.

Yep he is the player we need to kick the goal when the game is on the line. The player we need to straighten the attack and set up his outside men. The guy that makes a big tackle on his opposite number, putting them on the back foot. The guy that has hands and a mind so fast we barely see the ball in his hands before he has released.

Oh hang on....

He isn't working. We need to try others. At the very least swap Horne and Giteau for a time in this weekends match.

D

daz

He isn't working. We need to try others. At the very least swap Horne and Giteau for a time in this weekends match.

Be vewy vewy careful, or the anti-learning on the job brigade will bite......

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
Be vewy vewy careful, or the anti-learning on the job brigade will bite......

I don't think anyone believes that players should get their first cap for the wallabies as a seasoned campaigner.

I think the point the anti-learning on the job brigade is trying to make is that prop getting their first cap for the wallabies learning to scrum. the point is, as opposed to other countries we don't have a domestic competition available to allow players to ply their trade at a higher level before being thrown to the lions.

Status
Not open for further replies.